Leaving behind

~ My POV ~
She gave me a cup of water and I drank it thirstily. 'You were stabbed by a troll's blade because you wanted to protect the ring-bearer. Your brother carried you all the way here.' Memories appeared in my mind. A never-ending, killing pain and then... Darkness.
Sadly and thankfully, I closed my eyes. 'And... Where am I?' I did not care about my horrible voice. 'Calas Galdhon, Lothlórien. I am Elëanna. I cared for you.' 'My pleasure', I replied with a smile. So, this was the girl I owed my life.
Actually I wanted to ask for the others, when the door flung open.

In came my brother. At my sight, he smiled brighter than I saw for long. I wanted to get up and hug him. A pain ran through my shoulder, although I just ignored it. I threw myself in his arms and he kissed my cheek. 'Never... NEVER do that again!'
There was a little tear in his eye, hidden. I kissed him back and looked then to the door again.
Legolas was followed by an old friend of mine. 'Haldir!', I cried with joy. We hadn't met for so long. 'My pleasure, princess', he said smiling, and opened his arms.
Screaming like a little girl, I ran towards him and hugged him like my brother. 'So long...', Haldir said. 'And then, you come half-dead.'

~ Aragorn POV ~
When I entered the room, Anariël hang in Haldir's arms. They seemed so familiar... Laughing, chattering, hugging. A distinct feeling of wanting to run away ran through my body.
But then she saw me and her eyes went big. Anariël looked as if she didn't know what to do, so I took a step forwards and took her into my arms. She lived. She really lived. I could see the pain her shoulder caused her in her eyes, not saying anything. I wouldn't either.
"You look exhausted, Anariël", I whispered. "Take care of yourself, I don't want to lose you." She looked up, and smiled. Then, she let go of me and sat down. Silence.
This cheefulness was nice, but not to hold. "Time is running short. We have to move on", I said. I hated saying it, but I had to.
Anariël, princess of Mirkwood, closed her eyes, before she closed her eyes and said: "So it shall be. Leave me here, for this is the best for the mission. I did not come so far for seeing it fail. But promise me one thing: Return. Return and take me with you, when it is all over. I will follow you. And I will fight for you, as soon as I can, and think of you, whereever I am. Now, go."
And so they did.