Crossroads

~ Aragorn POV ~
She looked so exhausted. The usual glitter in her blue eyes seemed to fade the more we travelled into dark.
There was something, deep inside her, she would not share with me. And I would not dare asking, if she didn't tell me voluntarily. Anariël was a mystery to me. No doubt, she was a warrior. Wild and strong enough to hold on. Still, she looked so broken, if you watched careful enough.
"C'mon, Aragorn", Gimli's voice broke my thoughts. I did not even recognize standing still.
The fellowship had already moved on, lead by Gandalf, in hope to find a more or less safe way to the other side.
I did not answer, but ran to catch up with them. Anariël walked behind all the others, pushing the Hobbits forward again and again. Was she feared? I don't know. I did not know anything about her.

~ My POV ~
The fire in his eyes seemed to burn my back. I didn't see him looking at me, but I knew he did. Only, I did not know why. Somehow, it made me feel uncomfortable. In my mind thoughts began running, about fleeing, just to feel free again. This was no freedom, this was surveillance.
'Crossroads', came a mutter from in front of me. Three different passages came into sight. In a strange way, it seemed to be like a blessing. My confused mind had something to concentrate on again. The way. Which one did we have to take? Hopefully, I looked up to Gandalf. He was our leader, the one that should know the way.
Obviously he did not. We sat down and waited, silenty. I hated silence. It was so depressing and lonely, if there was not a single laugh in the air, no word. Carefully, I closed my eyes. Anything could be down these mines.
So silent.
Until the Hobbits began talking about food, and Gandalf jumped up.