She's gone

After a few weeks, you felt way better. You even started to train in the gym again.
"Hey, how are you?"
While you were hitting a punching bag and avoiding imaginary hits, Steve had entered the gym. "Y/n?"
"Huh?"
"How are you?", Steve asked again.
"Fine."
He stared at you, wondering whether or not he should ask what was wrong.
"I am fine!", you said way too loud.
"You're not, Y/n."
You stopped, held the punching bag so it wouldn't move around, and rested your head against it with closed eyes.
"She's angry", you said, "Nat." You sighed and sat down on the floor.
"Why?", Steve asked worried.
"She doesn't want me to attend any missions anymore. We fought earlier about it and... well, she just wants me to stay at home", you explained and Steve sat down next to you.
"What do you want?", he asked softly.
"Does it matter?"
"Of course."
"Well, I want to come with you guys. I want to help, I want to be a part of the Avengers yet Natasha-"
"You are a full-grown adult, no one can tell you what to do. I think you should listen to your heart", Steve interrupted.
"My heart wants both yet it seems to be impossible", you said sighing. He put his arm around you to give you some support.
"Please don't get in my head, I just want to help you, not be your patient."
"Don't worry. I learned a lot in the last weeks. Also, I don't want to use my ability anymore."
"What?" Steve looked at you in shock. "Bruce said-"
"I know. But it just seems to make everything worse, so... So I should try to avoid using it and just hope not to die, I guess."
He shook you a little as if he wanted you to come back to your senses. "You can't do that, y/n. Avoidance is never an option. You have to go through it, even when it feels terrible."
"I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just leave."
"But then you don't have either of-"
"It's better than seeing her going out to missions while I can't or having her angry the whole time."
"Hmm... Do you want to train with me a little to get it out of your head for a while?", Steve offered.
"No, thanks. I am done here", you said, putting away the stuff you had used. 

On the way to your room, you met Natasha but she tried to not look at you. Even though you almost touched each other by walking side by side for a second, she ignored you. You turned around and said her name.
"What do you want?", she asked annoyed.
"Look at me!"
She turned around, now facing you. "What?"
"You can't do this to me. I trained hard to be here and now you want to take it away from me?! Or otherwise, you leave? What is this? Why do you do this?"
"You did something way worse to me, so you better be quiet!", she hissed and you scoffed in disbelief.
"Aight, I'm out", you said and headed to your room to pack your things.
"What are you doing?", Clint asked carefully walking into your room, "Your door was open, I hope it's okay, that I came in."
"Doesn't matter anymore."
"What's going on, Y/n? Talk to me."
"Ask Romanoff, she seems to know everything better than anyone else, this poor woman."
"What?"
"What the fuck do you mean by that?!", Natasha stormed into your room, kicking your suitcase away. You straightened up, clenched your fists, and bit on your lip until it started to bleed.
"Natasha, leave", Clint said calmly. He was scared that you two were going to kill each other at any moment.
You took a deep breath and packed some more stuff into your suitcase, but Natasha took it away from you. "Alright. Alright, Natasha. I see how it is." You took the most important things and jumped out the window. The fall was energetic, you felt free. Natasha and Clint were looking out the window, but the more you fell, the smaller they got. "Alright... Friday, Jet Pack!" You wore the suit that Tony had made and optimized when you were in the coma. Almost too late, you could avoid hitting the ground and flew away. You had no clue where you should go, but anywhere was better than staying in the tower.
"Friday?"
"How can I help you?", the AI asked.
"Turn off GPS and any tracking system that's in here."
"I don't think Mister Stark-"
"Friday, do it."
"Done."
"Thank you. And don't tell anyone where I am, except when I allow it. Tell me, when someone tries to find or call me."
"Sure."
"Give me the fastest route to my grandma's home." 

Two weeks had passed and Tony had tried to find you but failed. Friday did a good job at staying quiet to the team and giving you information about them.
"Miss?", the AI tried to get your attention.
"Yes, Friday?"
"There are some complications that require consideration."
"What is it?"
"Hydra is looking out for you, Miss."
"What?! Why? How do you know? Are they already here?"
"The Avengers and Hydra met at your parents' house, both looking for you. Mister Stark told me to inform you", the AI explained.
"What?! And why?"
"I guess it's because of your ability."
"Okay... Okay... Thanks, Friday. Oh god... Oh god... Oh my god..."
"I think you're having a panic attack, do you need help?"
"I... I..."
"Should I inform Mister Stark?"
"No! No... I... I just need a minute."