Heartbreak

"So?" Bucky still waited for an explanation. Sighing Q stood up and walked closer to him, so close they almost touched.
"It's a pleasure having you here, soldier. But maybe you should leave now", she said in almost a whisper and opened the door slowly. But Bucky stopped her from opening it more and whispered back: "It's a pleasure being here, so let me stay."
Q's gaze wandered down to his lips, as shortly as a blink, but Bucky noticed. Even though Q still held the door handle, Bucky pushed the door shut and she let him.
"What's your plan, soldier?" "I'm improvising", he said and his lips crushed on hers. They both moved over to the bed, their lips not even once stopped touching and Q let herself fall onto it while grabbing Bucky's shirt tight.
He landed on top of her and they stopped for a moment to look at each other, the silence filled with their panting.
"You're so beautiful, do you know that?", he said low with a smile and caressed her head. Q smiled and replied: "And I bet you know that you're a handsome man." He chuckled slightly which made Q smile even more.
She put her legs around him and rolled him over, laying on top of him now.
Q's face got closer to his and whispered into his ear: "As much as I enjoy this, we should stop." "Why?", he asked, laying his hand on her face and pulling her into a kiss.
Pulling out of it a few seconds later, Q stood up and said: "You better leave now... We both know this isn't real." "What do you mean?" Bucky looked hurt.
"So oblivious this man...", she mumbled, walked to the door, and opened it, gesturing for him to leave. "Okay...", he said sadly and left without another word. Just when Q was about to close the door, Bucky turned around and said: "I know you're not her. But you both are still one." "I'm not sure if I should feel confused, offended, or both." "Maybe ask yourself how both of your life should look like if you share it." "I already know I won't have one. It's always about her." "But maybe it doesn't have to", he said and walked into his room.
Q stared for a little down the hallway before she closed the door and lay down on her bed again.

She closed her eyes and tried to find you again. "Y/n, hey, it's me, Q."
Walking along the path of memories she eventually found the room you both were in before everything went black. She sat down on the couch and sighed, thinking back to what had happened lately.
"Y/n, please... I can't stand this any longer... Bucky needs you. I don't know what... how..." A tear ran down her cheek.
"Y/n. Please. I don't want to ruin anything, you have to come back."
More tears built up and eventually ran over her cheeks to fall on her legs. The trouser already covered in a few darker spots.
"Y/n! Now for fucks sake come here!" Q surprised herself with the volume of her voice and how angry she was.

"I'm not going out there", you responded, suddenly being in the room, and looking at Q. "Why?!" "You know why." "Oh, so you really think we can read each other's minds'?! If that'd be the case you'd know your whole made-up world is bullshit!" Q got louder, angrier.
"I don't... I can't... He's still here. I can't leave this place. I don't want to." Your voice was one in pain. Sad. "But he's alive. He's not dead. I feel like your whole make-believe makes no sense. At least your words aren't. And reality looks way better than what you built up there", Q said pointing at the wall randomly but this time lower yet still angry.
Your eyes widened at the realization of something. "What's wrong?", Q asked annoyed. "They got you", you whispered. "What?" "Hydra... they... they got you." "What?! No!", she yelled. "You want me to come back so they can make sure to get rid of me... erase me... I thought you're on the good side now?" "Y/n, you're getting paranoid here. You have to wake up." You took a few steps away from Q.
"They are still waiting for me, right? How many did you kill already?" "None?! Goddamn, y/n! You're getting on my nerves! You have to come back NOW." You looked around panicked.
"I thought I could trust you...", you mumbled. "We have a situation out there, you have to help me out. Bucky and I... we... we kissed." Your brows furrowed but it changed from confusion to anger back to confusion to anger until you said: "Stop messing with me!" "If you'd be sure he's dead you wouldn't believe a word I'm saying!" "I'm not!" "Oh? So why did you get angry? Hm? Bucky and I kissed. It was long. It was so wonderful to have his lips on mine." You clenched your fists.
"Do you know what happened next? We landed on the bed, he was on top of me, caressed me, and-" "Stop!", you yelled and rushed at her just to crash her into a wall.
Holding her shirt tight and pressing her more against the wall you hissed: "He's dead. And even if he's not, he'd be dead soon. So stay the fuck away from him!" "Are you jealous, my love?" "Don't." "What?"
A grin appeared on Q's face which made you even angrier. "Leave us alone", you hissed and were about to leave but Q's words let you stop in your tracks. "I know you know this isn't real. And deep down you know he waits outside for you. He's worried. A lot. So wake up and tell him how you feel or else I'll live this life in my way and you can stay in your self-made torture."
Without saying a word you left.