Soldier EQ8

Your memories were still missing but you were able to organize the mess in your head and create new ones. The team told you a lot of stuff that you had experienced with them but you could just laugh, look concerned or nod. You didn't want to ruin the mood so you listened to everything they told you even though it made you sad. Sad that you didn't remember anything of it.

"You improved a hell lot, y/n", Natasha said panting.
"I told you, I am the best. You can't beat me."
"Maybe not if you use your ability but I don't think you can beat me in a normal fight."
"Then tell me why you are out of breath while I'm not?", you asked smirking.
She put her hands up. "Hey, no need to be so mean!"
You laughed. "Then show me what you can, Romanoff! And don't spare me!"
You continued the fight and even though you two were pretty good, she still won in the end.
"See? I've told you!", she said laughing and lay down.
"At least I am not about to pass out any moment!", you teased.
"Ah, shut up! I won, that's the only thing that matters!" She was silent for a few seconds but then jumped up and said: "Wait! Did you spare me?" You just laughed and walked to the door. "Hey, no! Don't do this! Did you?" But you just shrugged in response before you opened it and left the gym.

"How do you feel y/n?", Steve asked, when you entered the common room.
"I am okay. But I think that Natasha is a bit..." You thought about the right word. "Let's say she is frustrated."
"Why? Is your training not going well? Last time I saw you-"
"No! No", you laughed, "I am just better than her."
His eyes widened. "What?" With a smirk, you walked away. "What does that mean?!", you could hear Steve's voice even a few meters away in the hallway.
"You'll see!", you called back.

"Ready?", Tony asked.
"Yes, sir!" You had a bit of a flight in front of you and couldn't handle your excitement anymore.
"Calm down kiddo."
"Let me be excited, Stark! It's been a while being on the field and I am just happy to get back to work again", you complained.
"Even if it's not for but against Hydra?"
"What do you mean?"
"The lab is from an underground community of Hydra", Tony said and your excitement vanished. You couldn't even recognize what you felt at that moment.
"What's wrong?"
"I don't know. I don't remember that feeling."
"Do you want to share it? Maybe I can tell you", Natasha offered when she stepped closer. You thought about it but declined. You didn't want anyone to know what you couldn't decipher yourself. What if it was something too personal that you just didn't know yet?
"But you are okay working against them, right?", Tony asked again and you swallowed.
Your chest felt tight and your voice like it never belonged to you. "Yeah", you said but it felt like lying.
Natasha had a worried look on her face. "Y/n, please come with me", she said and walked away from Tony Stark. You followed her and were nervous about what she might want from you especially because she guided you to a corner where no one could easily eavesdrop. "Y/n, please be honest... Are you scared?"
"No, I'm not, why do you think that?", you asked confused and feeling attacked.
"Because of your breathing pattern, your shaky hand-"
"I'm not scared! I don't fear anything!", you exclaimed interrupting her.
"Clint told me that you were terrified when you were fixated."
"What? I don't remember that", you said confused.
She sighed. "It's okay to be scared. You don't have to come with us, we'd understand it, okay?"
"No way I'm staying behind. I am more than that! I'm not scared to fight against-"
"Y/n, sit down. Please sit down", she said firmly and you followed her command. "Thank god..."
"Why?"
"I was worried."
"About what?"
"Didn't you notice? Your whole body was shaking. I thought you were gonna collapse any moment!"
Silence.
You two just stared at each other, trying to figure out what the other might think.
"So...", you began and cleared your throat, "Maybe my problem is a bit bigger than expected." Natasha hummed in agreement. "Maybe I might be... a little bit concerned about what will happen."
"So, you are scared of Hydra?" You looked down and were frustrated that you didn't have anything on the suit to fidget. "I get that. You can stay back if you don't want to get close to them. It's okay."