𝐕 | Interruptions

— — —

             Peter struggled as he scrambled through the keys on his keychain. Willow stood behind him patiently, and Peter felt a sudden self-consciousness knowing that she was there. He was trying to get in in a hurry so that he could run and clean his room; Willow had offered to come round and start the project, giving Peter no time to clean the mess in his room.

He laughed awkwardly and jabbed the key into the door again. But before he could panic again, the door flung open. Aunt May stood smiling as soon as she saw Willow.

"Willow! Hey sweetie, it's good to see you," May exclaimed, holding her arms out to encourage them through the door. Peter let Willow go through first then followed after, closing the door behind him.

"It's good to see you too," Willow beamed, gently holding May's hands for a brief moment.

"So what are you guys up to?" May asked, flashing his eyes to Peter, saying all sorts. Peter blushed and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Starting a project," Peter said and signed. "Nothing else," he mumbled so that Willow couldn't see.

"Well okay. I'll just be in here working on some stuff," May said, smirking between the two. "Call me if you need any snacks, drinks or anything. I'll be happy to get them."

"Yeah, thanks May," Peter said, widening his eyes, almost saying 'leave us alone'. He started shuffling towards his room, hoping Willow would follow.

"Thank you May," Willow beamed, watching May return the same smile. Peter's breath caught as he felt willow gently take his arm. She had just put her hand over his forearm but he still felt pricks run up his spine. It might have been his spider sense; either way, he panicked a little.

Peter led her to his room, Willow's hand still holding his arm and opened his room. He face palmed as he saw the mess. The reason he'd rushed home was to tidy his room, but since Willow let butterflies go in his stomach, he'd completely forgotten. He laughed awkwardly and crouched to pick up clothes that were scattered on the floor, shoving them into his draws. Willow stepped inside and closed the door behind her.

"Sorry about the mess," Peter rambled as he ran around trying to pick small pieces of Lego from the carpet. "I would have tidied if I knew you were coming over."

Willow stepped over to Peter and stopped him from movie. She held on hand to his cheek and the other go his shoulder. Peter stopped, and he could swear his heart dropped to his toes.