𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 | Adulation

— — —

        Ned stuck his head between
Willow's and Peter's from the bus seat behind them, trying to fit into the frame of the camera. Willow was on FaceTime to her Papa, who held a week old baby in his arms. Scout didn't look so fresh out of the womb anymore; she had chubbier cheeks, softer skin, and you could see her eye colour now, which were green like her dads. She barely fit into any of her clothes since she was so tiny.

"I've changed her so many times already," Papa told Willow and her two friends around her. Both Peter and Ned were fascinated with the baby. "And I used to wonder why we didn't adopt a baby."

"Because you wouldn't have found me if you did," Willow said. Her papa laughed, little scout lifting her head slightly to look where the noise was coming from. She had her hand up, even if it was wrapped in a glove, and close to her mouth.

"Hi Scout," Peter waved. She smiled and flapped her little arms around as much as she could, and Peter felt incredibly self accomplished. Willow smiled at Peter, who should never thought could get any cuter, until he met Scout.

"How's Margery?" Ned asked, craning his neck to fit into the camera.

"She's good! She's resting, I think she's got a few weeks off," Chris said, rocking Scout gently.

"Okay class, we are almost at the hotel," Mr Harrington said from the front of the bus. Willow checked the time on her phone and looked out of the windows, seeing the hotel only a few minutes away.

"Okay, we have to go," Willow laughed, seen as she'd been on FaceTime for the whole bus ride.

"Okay sweetie, I'll call you later. Have fun. Not too much fun, Peter," Chris said, his face suddenly stern. Peter's eyes shot opened and he stuttered to form a sentence. "I'm just joking! Bye honey."

"Bye Papa," Willow laughed. She hung and up and nudged Peter, who looked absolutely shell shocked. The bus pulled up to the hotel, and in the hall they parted ways... only for a few minutes.

— — —

Peter and Willow walked hand in hand down the street, lit with lanterns and lights. When they got to the hotel, they were split off into boys and girls on either side of the corridors. They are specifically told that they were to all stay at the hotel, no going out. But, everyone left anyway. Ned fell asleep, so naturally, Peter and Willow went out alone.

"Can you please tell me where we are going?" Peter asked. Willow turned to him as they walked, taking both of his hands.

"Nope," she said with a smile. "You didn't tell me where we were going our first date, so it's payback."