𝐗 | A Thing

TW- dress coding
— — —

TW- dress coding— — —

The school halls were always
empty at lunch. It was the only time and place in school where there was peace and quiet. That's why Willow liked to be there during her breaks. Of course the loud noises weren't the problem, but with everyone walking around and all the busy surroundings, she could get distracted easily. So eating in the cafeteria was better for her.

Peter and Willow walked alongside each other after a lesson in chemistry. They were let out late, so the chances were that Ned was already in the cafeteria.

"Wait so the baby could literally come next month?" Peter asked. Their discussion had fallen on the surrogacy mother that her fathers had paid for. She was thirty weeks pregnant and due in two months. But her water could easily break any time soon.

"Mmhm," Willow hummed in excitement. She walked with a small skip in her step.

"Do you have any names yet?" Peter asked. The school halls were long, so they had more conversation to themselves. Not that Peter minded.

"A few. But my dads don't like any of them," Willow laughed. "I suggested Bryony for a girl and Barney for a boy."

"I like those names. They're original," Peter defended. "Like, your name is uncommon so there's should be too."

"Yeah but my dads didn't name me," Willow said, her arm unconsciously slipping into Peter's.

"That's probably when they can't spot a pretty name when they hear one," Peter said, a smile on his cheeks. Willow laughed and a sudden rush on joy ran through both of them. Though, it was prematurely cut short.

"Excuse me? Down there," a teacher called from behind them. Peter turned around and saw Mr Fletcher, the jackass PE teacher, stood with his finger pointed at both of them. Willow frowned.

"Sir?" Peter questioned as he approached. Mr Fletcher was the type of teacher to hand out detention slips like gift cards. If anyone did anything wrong, he would send them to the principals office immediately. It was obvious he was having a mid-life crisis, and you didn't even need to see his moustache and beard to work it out.

"Young Lady, your clothes are very inappropriate," Mr fletcher said, looking down at Willow as he approached them. Willow frowned and turned to Peter, shaking her head.

"Uh- he said your clothes are inappropriate," Peter said and signed. Willow had always had a problem with beards when it came to reading lips. Her Dad used to have a beard but had to permanently shave it off once they realised Willow couldn't understand them with it.