𝐗𝐈𝐗 | Not So Nice

— — —

       Peter stood in front of the mirror,
fixing his head of imperfect curls for the fifth time. He looked himself up and down- his collar wasn't straight, his button was undone, was that a stain on his jumper? Every thought possible swam through his mind as he became increasingly nervous.

Tonight was arguably the most important night of his life. Tonight, he would sit down to dine with Willow and her dads. Now, Willow's Papa was incredibly lovely and an angel to him. He smiled and greeting him every day, welcomed him in and offered him food. But Officer Eugene Marsden, New York's commander in charge, was not so nice.

Not only did Eugene have an itch for Peter, he despised Spider-Man. If the man hated Peter for just being a male friend of Willow's, imagine his feelings if he found out what Peter did as a hobby.

"Peter, come on," Willow said, sitting on the end of her bed. "You've fixed your hair enough times now."

"But this one piece..." he trailed off, concentration ridden on his face. Willow got up and stood behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist on rested her chin on his shoulder. Her eyes watched him in the mirror.

Peter was at that stage in a relationship where he no longer tensed up when touched, and didn't blush at any physical contact. He used to think about it so much that the way her held Willow's hand felt uncomfortable, or that his chest was moving too much for her head to rest on. Now, he was calm.

"You're hair looks cute as always," Willow said. She turned her head and peppered his cheek and jaw with kisses. "No different. No less. Now can we please go and eat?"

Peter turned in Willow's arms and gently cupped the sides of her face. "Fine." Her pecked her lips, once, twice, before being lead out of the room. His smile dropped the second her saw Willow's dad, uniform on, standing on the kitchen.

"Peter," he said. "Good evening."

— — —

Throughout the dinner, nothing went completely wrong. No secrets were spilt, no one was embarrassed, and thank god, Peter was still breathing.

He was seated opposite Willow and next to Chris, Eugene at the end of the table. Little baby Scout was laid in a carrier seated on the chair next to Willow, though her head was barely above the table. She was awake, with eyes looking everywhere they could.

So far, they'd enjoyed a homemade lasagna and were currently discussing Peter's hobbies. Willow had brought up his grades, his hobbies, and the fact that he'd won a chess competition in freshman year.