𝐈𝐈 | Leave Me Hanging

— — —

Willow didn't expect to be visiting school during spring break, especially so early in the morning. It was still cold and bitter from New Years, but the sun still managed to seep through the clouds. Traces of Christmas were still scattered around Queens: boxes of unsold baubles at Delmar's, icy park benches, the hoodie Peter had lent Willow after she shivered.

Now, Willow was visiting the school, even in spring break, but only to send Peter on his school trip. Him and Ned were on their way to a college that specialised to mechanics. But, Willow didn't take mechanics, so she'd spend the day only with Scout instead.

"Remember to call when you get there, okay?" Willow reminded Peter as they approached the front of the school. She pushed along Scout in her pram, Peter by her side.

"I don't know if we will get their wifi, but I'll do my best," Peter smiled. He loved Willow in the sun. Not that he didn't like her pink nose and rosy lips in the winter time, but nothing could beat how happy she was in the warmth. Maybe it was the colour in her face or the tugging of her smile.

"Hey Peter, Willow," Ned said as he approached, a backpack firmly gripping his shoulders. "Scout, m'lady."

"Hey Ned," Willow smiled. Only a few days ago, the three of them were bowling and snacking on junk food. It felt as if Willow was sending them off for a long time.

"Packing light?" Ned asked Peter. He frowned.

"We're only gone for the day," Peter said. "What else do I need besides water and a few snacks?"

"What if you crap yourself? You don't have a spare pair of underpants in that small thing," Ned argued.

"Well I'm not gonna crap myself so it's not a problem. Do you think your gonna crap yourself?" Peter asked

"You never know what might happen," Ned said mysteriously. Willow couldn't help but smile open widely. The best part about Ned and Peter was their conversation. Just sitting and watching them talk was entertaining enough.

"Okay, everyone get on the bus!" A teacher called. Ned immediately ran to the front of the line, maybe to dibs the back seats or just to set his overly large bag down.

Peter turned to Willow, immediately taking her hands in his.

"Are you sure you have everything?" Willow asked.

"Yes."

"Even the spandex..." she raised her eyebrows. Peter smiled and rolled his eyes.