𝐗𝐗𝐗 | Make Him Wait

— — —

        Stood at the door, heartbroken like
jigsaw pieces, Peter watched Elliot kiss Willow. And now it wasn't just Elliot's heart on the floor, but Peter's too. His three layered outfit suddenly couldn't shield him from a chill sent up his spine. Though he couldn't shiver- he was frozen. Speechless. Thoughtless. And evidently, Heartless.

The girl he loved, he so desperately burned for, was kissing someone else. Their lips fit together just like his own did to hers. Watching them, Peter imagined if him and Willow were ever so perfect when they kissed. Because it looked like Willow and Elliot had been kissing for longer than one night. And maybe, Peter thought, they had been.

"Peter? You coming?" Ned asked, holding the door open. Peter blinked, the dust finally escaping his eyes. He swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Yeah."

— — —

Willow stood next to Daphne, almost hiding. Elliot was somewhere in the gymnasium, but very much also hiding from Willow. Their kiss was supposed to be a beautiful moment, hopefully one they'd have fond memories of. But it wasn't.

"And then he asked me on a date!" Daphne squealed, telling MJ all about Myles. "Well. I kinda had to ask him to ask me on a date, but wrong method right answer, right?"

"Finally. You guys have been the 'It-almost couple' for ages," MJ smiled. Willow stared at the floor, not even attempting to read their lips.

"Willow?" Daphne asked, nudging her gently. She looked up at the girls and raised her eyebrows. But Daphne's and MJ's mouths fell open. "Oh god. Don't turn around."

A hand fell gently and timidly on Willow's shoulders. Without thinking about her friend's recent instructions, she turned around. Willow had never been so close to Peter is so long. Physically, that is.

"Hi," was all Peter could muster.

"Hi," was all Willow could say back.

She had to admit; he looked good. Especially in his suit, and he'd made an effort with his hair. He looked... nostalgic or comfortable.

"Can we talk?" Peter asked, slowly this time. Maybe because their last altercation, he'd spoken too quick so that he'd have less time to rethink his actions. But this, he needed to get right.

Willow hesitated, looking back at Daphne and MJ. She nodded gently.

They took a few steps away from the earlier conversation until they were in the middle of the dance floor. They looked around, realising it was a slow song; everyone was dancing slowly arm in arm. Peter panicked. But then, two hands gently rested on his shoulders.