𝐗𝐗 | 80's Pop

— — —

Though winter was settling in,
only cold air hit the back of Peter's neck, not snow. He walked by Willow as they head through the busy streets of Queens. He'd given up a day of being Spider-Man to go Christmas shopping with Willow. It was mid November, but she never left shopping last minute. Maybe it was because she didn't want to miss anyone's present, or maybe she loved Christmas more.

"You've got a list?" Peter asked upon seeing Willow holding a notepad with at least ten names.

"Of course. How else would I remember?" Willow shrugged, like it was obvious.

"You've got so many people on it though. I'm only buying for you, May and Ned," Peter spoke, hugging his jacket closer to his chest.

"Don't feel like you have to get me something," Willow said, turning to look at her boyfriend. He has rosy cheeks from the cold and a pink nose. She took his hands and shivered. "God, your hands are freezing."

She stuffed both of their hands, still fingers latched together, into her deep pockets, drawing Peter to walk even closer. He had to admit, it was the most attractive thing he'd ever seen Willow do.

"I'm getting you something, Willow," Peter confirmed.

"But you don't have to if you don't want-" Peter pressed his lips to Willow's before she could finish her sentence. His hands had come out of her pockets and gently held both sides of her face. She melted into the kiss; if Peter was ever going to interrupt her, this was the way to do it.

He pulled away slowly. "I'm getting you a present."

— — —

"What about this one?" Willow asked, holding up a 'Blondie' CD. They'd rummaged through a few stores, realised they were too expensive and walked further into town. Now, they were stood in an old record shop. There were guitars and ukuleles on the wall, and many musical faces.

"Mmm, Ned doesn't really like 80's pop," Peter said from the other end of the shelf. "He's more into 90's hip hop and-"

"This one?" Willow asked, holding up a 'Cindy Lauper' album. She clearly hadn't seen what Peter had said about 80's pop, because she had pulled out, yet again, another artist of that genre.

Peter laughed to himself, figuring he couldn't be in any more love. "Look for 90's hiphop."

He continued to file through the shelf, looking for a possible gift for Aunt May. She liked a lot of old, Elvis-style music. But those albums were more money, since they were antique and limited addition. He'd have to travel further into town to find the none-antique Elvis CDs. Peter lifted a blue album.

"Hey, I love 'A great big world'," Willow said, standing to the side of Peter. He looks at her in confusion. Though she did forget it sometimes, Willow was deaf. She couldn't listen to music.

"But... how do you know? You haven't listened to it," Peter asked, if the most unharmful way he could. She laughed at him.

"No but my Papa used to play them in his car when I was little. And my dad used to sign the lyrics through the window," Willow explained. "When you can't hear, you rely on what you can see. So I can only read lyrics, I can't hear them."

"I've never thought of it that way," Peter said, feeling very enlightened. "Who else do you like?"

"I only really like well written songs. Like, pop music doesn't appeal to me because I can't hear it. I'm sure it's catchy, but it means nothing to me when the only lyrics are 'let's get high' and 'get back with your ex'," Willow described. "But, I like Adele."

"Me too," Peter smiled. "My Aunt dragged me to an impersonation of her once. I would have liked it if the person could sing."

"I might actually buy this. It's got some new songs on it," Willow said, reading the song list on the back of the CD.

"Let's go pay then. I don't think I can buy everyone a CD anyway."

— — —

Peter held the small book in his hands, admiring the front cover and picturing Willow's face when she'd open it on Christmas Day. They were dispersed in a book shop, Willow by the kids section looking for Scout's present, and Peter by the eighteenth century and poetry isle.

The book he'd found was only and red, hand sown and embroidered with gold. From what Willow had told Peter earlier, this would be a great present for her.

"You ready to go?" Willow asked as she walked down the long shelf. Peter shut the book closed and hid it behind his back.

"Yeah... uh, I just need to put these back. Can you put take this, please?" Peter asked, strategically handing her a book of a genre that was on the other side of the library. That way, when she was gone, he'd have time to pay for her present. It wasn't much, but he knew, hoped, she'd like it.

"Of course," she smiled. Glancing at the book before walking down the halls and around the corner. The second she was out of sight, Pete ran to cashier and paid for the book.

He stuffed it in his bag quick enough just before Willow walked back up to him. She smiled and took his hand, knowing that they'd be going home now to watch a movie and babysit Scout.

And though they ended up only purchasing a few items, they'd enjoyed their time in each other's presences.

{𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘗𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘬𝘦𝘱𝘵 𝘢 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘰𝘬, 𝘴𝘰 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵. 𝘐 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘱𝘭𝘴.}

{𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦.}

- ꪀ. ᥊᥊