𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 | Take A Bow

— — —

Peter and Ned said in the centre
of the middle row. They watched the actors sing and perform on stage. All we're doing so well, and Peter even admitted that Elliot was doing great. It had been a week and a bit since the prom, since Peter and Willow got back together. At first, it was weird having to 'share' Willow, as she sat with Elliot's friends one day and then Peter and Ned another. But after a while, they got use to it. And now, it was the night of the school Musical: Grease.

Peter was only there for Willow, and Willow only. She'd been so nervous about the set changes all week, he had to be there for her.

"Is that Rachel from Math?" Ned leant in and whispered to Peter. "I didn't know she could sing."

"I don't know Ned, we're in different Math classes," Peter laughed quietly, the sound of loud theatre music blasting above their voices.

And as the song ended, all of the cast froze in their final positions. Applause swarmed the audience. The lights dimmed on the stage, and the curtains closed.

— — —

"Alright! That was act one everyone!" Mrs Dale called out as she entered backstage. The whole cast and crew was smiling with heavy breaths. "Get to your changing rooms and change into your costumes for act two. Drink plenty of water!"

"Elliot!" Willow called, holding her clipboard under her arm. He turned and around and smiled, putting down his bottle of water. "You were great out there."

"Stop, so were you," Elliot said.

"Except your costume is slightly better than mine," Willow joked. Of course, all crew were dressed in all black so that it was less noticeable when moving props in the blackouts. But Elliot rocked his 50's couture and his Elvis hair.

"Only a little," Elliot smiled. He was glad he could still be friends with Willow, even if he couldn't be anything more. "I'm still freaking out about my song."

"Don't. You'll kill it," Willow signed. Elliot took a not of the action. "Now go change, Doody."

— — —

Now, three scenes into act two. Willow could tell Elliot was nervous. He'd only been in one of the three scenes, so he has plenty of time to pace backstage. This was his first musical after all.

The third scene was drawing to a close. Willow smiled gently as Elliot walked over to the second wing. He stood with his hands firm to his hips, watching over the scene on stage. The other actors were doing so well, and he didn't want to be the one to mess it up.