𝐗𝐕 | Kiss Chase

— — —

        At least forty students were piled
outside the theatre, which was rarely ever used. They held maths and science competitions there, but that was it. The very small theatre department (before it was funded by 'Daddy's money') had barely any students. Now that the school could really put on a show, more people came forward to participate.

Willow stood opposite a very nervous Elliot. He held his guitar tightly, picking at each individual strings. Every student around them held audition sheets, and they were either warming up their vocals with various 'ees' and 'aas', or reciting their lines.

"No, it's not tuned," Elliot cursed. He moved quickly and sat on the stairs, clutching his guitar and twisting the pegs.

"Elliot, I know I can't tell you if it's toned or not but this is the third time," Willow said. She rested a hand on his shoulder. "I know you're nervous, but you're gonna do incredible."

"How do you know?" Elliot asked with a nervous sigh.

"Because," Willow dragged as she helped him to his feet. "You want it too bad. And that's the best way to get something."

Elliot smiled at Willow, feeling slightly more confident than he did before. Then, the doors to the theatre swung open.

"Auditions this way," a woman said. Everyone quickly filed into the auditorium. The people auditioning were told to sit on the front rows, so Willow sat further up. She quickly wished Elliot luck before hand, or better yet, 'break a leg'.

And like that, the auditions began.

— — —

Spider-Man swung fast through the streets as police cars chased his tail. Sirens echoed through the city, searching for the infamous hero. It seemed, even after half an hours search, they could never catch him.

After a small robbery, Spider-Man showed up and saved the day. Only, the police got there shortly after and chased him down. Peter never really understood why they hated him so much; he did their job, after all, with no pay. But he had fled the scene and briefly enjoyed the attention the police were giving him, until he noticed they were getting rather close.

Peter dropped down from the building he'd been on and landed in an alleyway. He could hear the police cars come by, so he ducked behind the garbage. Peter waited until he could hear them off in the distance.

"Karen, why do they hate me so much?" Peter asked, standing up and stretching his legs. "I mean, I do their job for them. Usually that gets a 'thank you'."