Chapter 21

I went back to her, touched her face gently. I tried calling to her, asking her to come back to me. My thoughts drenched in sorrow that I may have hurt her. Could she be? Could she really be my blood bonded mate? It was so hard to believe. I could not let anything happen to her, it was going against everything I wanted. My mind fighting with the tug I felt at my heart.

My mind went racing through all of my thoughts since I met her, The way she was able to project her feelings and visuals straight into people was scary and amazing, and yet; she had no fucking idea. Something was up with that. I didn't know if it was the witch part of her, or a powerful vampire part. I wonder if my brother just felt that she was powerful. Too powerful, and he needed her to fulfill whatever evil shit he had going on. Or keep her to make himself more powerful. If she was scared of him, and bonded to him in any way, she would do anything that he told her to.

"Damion, do you hear that?"

I turned towards Antonio, then towards the door. I heard growling, and screaming. It sounded like people were being murdered outside the door. I did not even have the chance to ask Antonio what was going on before the door came down. My brother, he took the fucking door down. Eyes glowing with a tint of red. He was so angry, and I could only look on in shock at how he had gotten over this girl. He was either crazy and thought he loved her in his sick sick way, or he was up to something and I just ruined his plans.

Both Antonio and myself watched in awe as he fell to his knees and started yelling. He took a good look at Joelle, and slowly came to the conclusion of what happened, that along with the scent of me all over her. He knew that I had marked her, and he knew that would stir in all kinds of trouble to the mix. For a split second, I actually felt sorry for him, until I remembered the pain I felt when he killed Athena. He was on his knees, eyes died down in color, they were back to the ice cold blue. He was crying, and he was screaming over and over again. To anyone else it would have been heart wrenching, but this was my brother, my evil twisted dark demon brother.

"No, No, No, No, please tell me you did not mark her brother! Please, I love her, what have you done?"

Could he really be in love with her. Could he be that delusional?

Antonio looked at me in shock, his eyes round and curious. My only concern was to watch over her, I could not trust him right now. I was frightened what he might do to her. I did not know what he was capable of, not in a while. I have not seen him in so long, and I have to say that I have never seen him like this before, It was scary.

"I marked her, she is my mate Dante."

"NO, you cant do this!!!"

My mother came running down the hall with an army of her guards.

"Seize him immediately!"

The guards, all of them, had to try to get my brother all the way down the the ground. He was very powerful, and yet he allowed them to take him down.

"What is the meaning of all of this Dante?"

"He marked my FUCKING mate!"

He spewed all over. Foaming out of his mouth like some rabid dog.

"She is not your mate brother, she is mine, and now I have marked her."

"You won't win brother of mine!"

"I think that I will! She is mine."

"I am the only one that has ever been inside of her, and she has had my blood already."

The room went silent. My stomach falling out from under me, as well as the floor. MY heart squeezed so tightly, that I thought I would die.  Every single person in the room froze, not speaking, eyes widening. What had he done?

"Mother he must be lying. She bore no mark of my brothers."

"With my blood in her, and me being inside of her, along with the fact that I have already asked the king and queen for assistance...makes you nothing to her. This is why she has passed out. Because someone other than her mate has attempted to mark her you fool!!!"

I fell backwards on to the bed, and looked on at Joelle. This could not be, I knew that she was mine. I just came to that realization. How can I hand her over to him, when I promised her that I would not. He would torture her for sure. I just could not allow that. She was too scared of him for her to belong to him, it just didn't work that way, and he was relying on manipulating all of us.