Chapter 32

Confusion swarmed me as I tried to rest. I knew that Antonio was watching over me. Knew in my heart that he would protect me no matter what. I felt so tired, tired and numb. What was all of this?  What was going on in the world around me? I wondered for a moment if this was all just a dream. That I would wake up in a different life altogether. 

The other part of me was torn between knowing if I was safe with Damion, or if I needed to fear him. A darkness swirled inside of him. A darkness that I was not that familiar with. Or was I? As I drifted to sleep I thought of grown men with sharp teeth, wicked grins, and a taste of something unfamiliar. Where was this path taking me that I was on? Who do I trust, and do I really have many options here? Who was for me, and why do I feel these strange connections with people that I have never met before?

The dream took a strange turn, someone was chasing me. I felt it. All eyes on me. Someone was yelling, they keep telling me to run in this dream. But who is they? Who is talking to me? Who is trying to save me?  And better yet, what are they trying save me from? Is it the queen, is it Antonio? Perhaps someone new that I have yet to meet, This is a strange place, people with wicked powers to enter dreams, and take over.
As I run in this dream, from what I'm not sure of, there is a boy. I can see his beautiful innocent eyes from here. He is with another boy, a little taller than he. I immediately know that they are brothers. They are both whispering and pointing at me. Should I run to them? The taller boy, he wont look at me, his eyes hidden . Why are they hidden?
The little boy approaches me with his big blue innocent eyes. I don't want to see him though, I want to see the taller boys face. I try and try, but he wont look at me. The smaller boy shoots him a look. As he does his eyes turn cold. Ice cold, all innocence gone in the wind.

"Look at me not him!" He says full of rage.

It's then that I realize who he is. The taller boy finally looks at me. The beautiful evil in his eyes is worse than the smaller boy. All Innocence lost. However he swears he wont hurt me, and I believe him as he reaches for me with his hand. He tells me to trust him and not his brother. Yet, my heart breaks for the smaller brother. Though I know in that moment that I don't belong with him. I belong to the taller boy. I can feel it in my very soul. I go with the taller boy, and cry for the other little boy with the sad evil eyes.