Chapter 3

President Damion

When I opened the door and heard the shower running, I was momentarily shocked. Who the fuck was in my penthouse? Looking around while my heart hammered around in my chest I tried to figure out what was going on. Then I realized that we were getting a student today, a student that was staying here with me. The student arriving here was a new vamping, except she had no idea about it, or about us. That we even exist. The royal guardians sent for her, and informed us here that she was coming, and needed to be watched closely. Like I have time, or interest in that. They said she would be a special case, and that I was to take her under my wing. Ah, whatever. Aren't they all special? All I wanted to do was shower and change. I guess she beat me to it, and that's what the running water is about. I guess I was appropriate enough to meet her now. I had my business attire on, and felt exhausted from running this school.

When the shower stopped, I felt myself becoming agitated. I wanted this over with already. I stood waiting in the doorway of the living room and waited. The girl came out and walked into the living room with a towel no less...to her luggage to get clothes. I watched in shock wondering how long it would take for her to notice me here. Boy, if she was a vampling, her senses sucked. I was actually finding myself waiting for her to drop the towel. Of course it was then that she looked up and yelped. How funny is it to watch her check me out. 
We chatted for a few, introductions and whatever.
I took her in visually, like, all of her. It was strange because immediately, I had inappropriate thoughts. Her scent caught me off guard, almost off my feet, but no, but that couldn't be. I hadn't felt that way since....her. I wasn't sure I ever wanted to feel that way again. She was opposite of anything that would normally do it for me. She has the creamiest skin, long dark brown hair with red highlights. Strikingly beautiful hazel grey eyes. She was short, and voluptuous - that was even noticeable in her towel. It was a nice change. Better than most girls around here....twigs.... ugh.

She came back in with basketball shorts that clearly were not hers, and a tight tank - no bra. I would bet the penthouse no panties. Fuck me.

"So, welcome to Alaska. What are you going to study?"

"I'm just going to study what I need to get started. I'm not sure I even know what I want to do, or what I would be interested in studying. Right now I really just needed to get away from my life, and the people that were in it. I needed to start over, so here I am. I am very grateful that I was able to get a scholarship, although I did not realize that I was going to be staying in a dorm with the president."

Well then, this girl sounded more interesting then before.

"Who are you running from? Family......or an ex?

She stood stock still when I said that. She looked me over, not sure to trust anyone new. This girl was hurt real bad before. No one runs that hard and fast or far, unless they have a serious problem. This poor girl had no idea about the vampire world either. It was in her genes. someone in her family was a vamp, and kept it quiet. Shit, talk about trust issues. It was about to get worse for her. For real.

Do I need to take a girl on with all this shit going on? No. Definitely not. On the other side of the spectrum...maybe she would be a good distraction. If she ever let anyone in. God she was hot.

"I had an over protective, crazy possessive bastard, that would not leave me alone. I couldn't go any where, couldn't talk to anyone. He would beat everyone up. He was rough, and aggressive. I had had enough of his shit. I tried to break up with him, and he flipped a lid. He threatened me in all kinds of ways. I saw him this morning, and when he left, I ran. I'm sure right about now he is flipping shit, and trying to located me."

I had an immediate instinct to protect her. To ask her who the fuck this guy ways so I could bury him. But I couldn't get into that. I couldn't feel this way about another female again. I didn't want to be hurt and I did not want to bother to put my love and emotion into a person that was going to fuck me over again. Not now, not ever. There was too much pain in my heart to feel again.

I was not walking down this path. So why was I still looking at her?

"Well, that sounds loads of complicated, and I wish you luck. I am off to shower and get some rest. Goodnight Ms. Costa."