chapter 6

I observed the sudden change in her. One moment she was deciphering details, dealing with the pain. The next she was completely overwhelmed. Eyes rolling behind her head. I knew she was going to faint, not only from all I was telling her, but the change was starting. She was questioning herself, and not comprehending her emotions and her pain. I pulled her by the waist before she could go down. Gently pulling her against me, and finding it completely out of my range of thoughts to have someone this close. To have her this close. I never let anyone in.

This was her first day of class, and already I would have to take her home.

And Damn Antonio. He was thrilled to see her, taken by her already. It burned me inside at the thought. But why? I had no connection to this girl. Other than being the one chosen to help her, show her, teach her. Why did they put me in charge of her? They knew all I had gone through in the past. They should have offered it up to someone else. Someone who would and could actually give a shit. Not me. I couldn't allow myself to give a shit. Not again. Never again.

"Jo, baby...come on."

She stirred a little. I just had to get her to walk with me.

"Lets get you home..."

I squeezed  her waist a little. and she started to become more alert.

"Oh my god, I don't even know how to think straight right now, but you smell. You smell amazing...."

We started to move, but she stopped while sniffing the air. She then tried to snuggle up to my neck.  Once there she wasted no time breathing me in. I felt something in me stir and awaken. Without a thought I tilted my head to the side to give her access. I fucking wanted her to bite me. I was thinking how fucking good it would feel when she feeds from me.

Annnndddd....that's when I snapped out of it. I pulled away as fast and rude as possible.

"Lets get you to your bed so that you can rest."

We walked out of the room and into an empty hall way. Jo started slow but then was able to walk faster. I held on to her hand instead of having her against me. That was easier. We made it to the other side of campus, passed the dorms and to the penthouse building. I pushed her into the elevator. That's when I knew I was in trouble. Her scent hit me, and my lust over her went through the fucking roof. I lost all control in a split second, no time to recoup. No time for even a thought. I pushed her against the wall of the elevator, towering over her. She looked up at me with innocent eyes, although I knew that she was no virgin. Goddess help me, I had to stop.

The elevator brought us up to the penthouse, and when the doors opened I frantically ran out of the elevator. Desperate to pull sane thoughts together. I pulled her along and took her to her room. I shut the door behind me, closing both of us in.

"Damion. I feel so hot."

She says this as she takes off her boots, and starts undoing her jeans.
I want to say something.  I really did, and I want to stop her. But I have to watch her, unable to say anything, unable to take my eyes off of her. I watch silently as she pulls her pants off, and kicks them to the side. Then shes on the bed, wiggling around, her hair every where. All I am able to do right now is watch her. Transfixed to this woman, and her movements.

"Damion, whats happened? I feel so warm. Can we open a window?"

I stalked over the windows, allowing air to circulate in the room. My own sweat starting to form, as I undid my tie, and a few buttons. I really needed out of these uncomfortable clothes, but had to get her settled in first.
"Are you cooler?"
She was calming down. I could see it. Smell it on her.

"Mmmm"

"This will get worse very soon, and we will have to give you cool baths to prevent you from having seizures. I'm hoping we can trust each other a little more before that. We can sit and talk tonight, when you are feeling better."

I started making my way to the door. The faster I left and calmed myself down as well, the better.

"Please. don't go....I'm scared."

Damn it!!

I turned around towards the bed and knelt by her side. Brushing her cheek with my fingers, I spoke gently.

"No need to be scared. I'm here to help you, I promise that I wont hurt you. Cool off while I go to my room to get changed. I need to get comfortable, this is going to be a long night.  I will be back in about 20 minutes, okay?"

She nodded as I got up. At this point she was curling up into a ball in her undies and sweater. I wanted to take the sweater off, because I knew it was too warm on her. I just couldn't bring myself to do that.

I went in my room and threw my clothes off, walking straight into a cool shower. I didn't know what this girl was doing to me or why, but I know that I have never had a reaction like this. Right about now I needed and wanted this like a hole in the head.

After my cold shower that did little to calm me down, I knew that I had to go back to her. I was afraid to leave her alone for a long period of time. Afraid that she would be scared. I pulled on jogging pants and a white tee, and headed for her room. As I approached her door, I heard her making similar noises to the ones she made the night before. She was having a bad dream again. I felt an overwhelming need to get in there and ease her before she started screaming again.
Opening her door, she was in a ball, and it sounded like she was sobbing. As much as part of me wanted to leave the room. I could not.
I climbed into the bed and pulled her against me like the night she does not remember. Pulling her out of the ball she was in, and holding her tightly against me. I ran my fingers through her hair over and over again, calming her. She stopped stirring and was sleeping soundly. Slowly... I snuggled closer to her and my own rest came easily.