chapter 19

I was stunned for a moment. I thought about putting her on the spot. I was not ready to let her what she was capable of, not yet. I did have a big ass smirk on my face, now that I knew what she wanted.

 "Are you okay love??"

I knew I said it with a slight smirk. She looked up at me all flushed and cute. She gave a slight smile and walked towards the window.

"So pretty."

I walked over behind her, watching the slight bounce of her hair as she swayed.  She was excited to see the view, the colorful flowers. Her eyes were alight with such excitement, I wish she could hold that look all the time. 

"My mother, she loved to grow amazing flowers. Flowers that were rarely seen, beautiful, colorful and  different. She loved this garden , and enjoyed spending so much time here. She would sit for hours admiring all the beauty. Enjoying the sunrises at times, and some sunsets. But I'm afraid that she has not been the same in a very long time."

She turned around with a thoughtful glance.

"I'm sorry to hear that. So, what is going on, you were speaking to Billy for a bit. You guys kinda looked pissed, so care to tell me what is going on?"

"Well, I need to protect you at all costs. My mother has suggested that I take you as a mate. She believes that we are bonded,and we should be able to prove it to everyone. You need to be marked,  or we need to make love. We could do both.The finality would be us drinking from each other. which I have never done before. I have never offered my blood to anyone, and honestly I'm not sure if I will be able to do it. That is the utmost sacred thing. It is said to be amazing. It is said to bring the two mates so close that it is almost unimaginable."

"Wow."

I looked away from her, and gazed into the garden grounds.  I was not sure if I could pull this mate thing off,  even if it was in fact real. I  wasn't sure I had a heart to give. My protection I could give her, everything else I was just unsure of at this point in time. 

"You are not happy about this."

"I can not give you love Joelle.."

"I know you have been hurt and that you are not ready for that to be honest neither am I. so what do we do?"

"Well, I will need to mark you, and then if anyone suggests anything otherwise, we can just tell them that you are accustomed to human traditions as you were raised, and that you want to get married first."

"Its sounds like a plan I suppose."

We were both looking out into the gardens. I wasn't sure how to approach this. Marking was a serious thing. iI was inexperienced with this, other than what I had read about it. 

I would bite her,  at her artery in her throat. I needed my venom,my essence and my scent to be in her blood. She would forever smell of me. It would be very potent because I was royalty. I would also give her a bracelet with the family crest on it as well, that was a mark too. A royal tradition, for everyone to know that she was mine. I had heard that it took concentration for the venom to extract from your fangs, and I wasn't even sure how to do it. ugh. Back to billy it was!

"I shall need to talk to Billy again. Do you mind doing the headphones again?"

She nodded and we walked across the hall.

"Billy I'm back, I need to ask you a question..."

When I  entered the room, Dante had Billy against the wall by the throat.

"Tell me what he plans!!"

I was grateful that the scream erupting in Joelle's throat stayed down. I grabbed her and stalked towards him.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"Well, well, well, you are trying to take my mate!!! Oh how the tables have turned brother!!!"

"Indeed, they have."

"Joelle, come to me. Come to me now!"

He was compelling her, and she started to move. Son of a bitch!

"Joelle stop! Stop compelling her brother!"

"Never, she is mine. Joelle, don't be a  bad girl. you know what happens when you are a bad girl..tisk tisk..."

She started to cry and tremble, although she was trying to hide it.

I scooped her, and left the room. Looks like I was going to have to figure this one out on my own and quick. I picked her up and brought her back to my room, then dead bolted it. 

"I am going to sink my fangs into you. I will have to concentrate on how to get the venom out. and into your blood. From then on, you will smell like me, everyone will know that you are mine. We cannot go back form this. Ever."

"You don't sound confident, but apparently we will be needing to move quickly on this."

"I am not confident, as I  have never done this before."

"We are gong to do a lot of firsts together I see."

She said with a nervous giggle. 

I brought her to the bed, as she sat with her legs tucked underneath her. I was leaning in on my knees, as I  pulled the back of her head closer to me. I tried to give her a reassuring look in her eyes, before I  leaned into her neck, took her in.

"This might hurt a little bit, it has to break your skin." I whispered.

She nodded. My fangs came rushing down because I was aroused by this woman, In this position, I was able to sink them deeply and snug into her vein. She whimpered but remained quiet. I watched as she sucked her lips in and chomped down on them while trying to fight the uncontrollable shivers that we running through her body by the unusual invasion. My body shivered as well, enjoying the warmth over taking my body. I tried to concentrate on what I was doing, I needed to get the venom out. I  felt the warmth of the venom shoot forward at an alarming speed, almost knocking me back. Almost immediately I became hard as a rock. She moaned a bit, as I remained still until the warmth faded away. Knowing that the venom had released into her system, I retracted my fangs. pulling back. I placed a lick and a chaste kiss to each hole my fangs made. I sat up, and watched her, gazing lazily into her eyes. That is when it scared me how black her eyes were, black with lust. 

"Joelle..."

I whispered as I placed both hands on her face.

"Are you alright?"

Her eyes rolled behind her head, my heart plummeted, and she passed out.