Chapter 34

Damion

I watched her for days. Zoned out, just watching the trees. That is what my mother said. She told me that Jo's brain was just shutting everything out. Like she needed a time out. I kinda understood, but watching Jo acts like that? Scary shit. As long as she was safe, I was okay with it. My mother assured me that she was safe. Honestly? Me and Antonio weren't sure. He was just as scared as I was, but he had made a promise to Jo that he would watch over her. Dammit, she felt safe with him, and as much as I hated that, and I fucking hated that, who was I to take that away from her? No way, let her feel safe. If we were meant to be, then she would work through things inside of her, and we would be okay. Right? Hell if I was sure, but I was attempting to roll with things so that I did not unleash the beast inside of me that was clawing to get out.  My mother sat with her one afternoon, and read her mind and thoughts. My mother knew a lot about Jo, and it was time that she gave me some answers. She said that she was able to speak to the elders. In our society, the elders knew all. They knew history, and held us to the rules. Rules, and laws of our kind. They even sat with the King and Queen to make sure that they were pulling their weight, and completing all their duties. Not many people knew who they were, or what they looked like. Apparently, mostly only the King and Queen dealt with them in secret locations. They wanted to be kept a secret, keeping our race safe, and protected. If there was a threat, the King and Queen were told, and they dealt with it. Then we had the royal guardians. They were there to help me and my brother, from the moment we were born till now. The royal guardians kinda threw the towel in when me and my brother went through all that we did. They are the ones along with the elders that decided me and my brother should be separated, sent to do different tasks. He took off, refused it for now. I was sent to run the school for the vamplings. It was all just bullshit, but hey, I needed to do something with my life.  For a period of time, I felt as if I was helping, even though half my soul was missing, and I had completely given up on love, or finding any happiness in life. Then in walks Jo, and y life is completely turned upside down. 

"Antonio, I need to speak with you please."

Antonio took one look at Jo, made sure she was okay, then followed me out of the room into the vast hall.

"What's up?"

"The Queen has left to go see the elders for more answers, but I know her, and she has been holding back information from me. I have been trying not to get upset with her, but I am at my wits end. She may be Queen, and my mother, and I have allowed it this far, but after today I am done, and I want answers."

"I agree, we all need answers. There are things at work here, that I am not familiar with. I don't want Jo to lose herself, and not make it back to the land of the living. She is in a very fragile state right now, and I am very concerned even though your mother has read her mind and assured all of us that she will be okay. I also agree that she knows more. Have you noticed how calm she is?"

"I have, she is way to calm to not know what the fuck is going on. "

"Calm until your beast shows up. You need to talk to your guardian, you need to find out whats going on with that. "

"I have already contacted them, and they have no idea. Don't forget, they were sent away when everything went down between me and my brother. They were no longer needed, as we were severly tainted. That was a disgrace to them, as well as my parents. That is why I was sent to that God awful school. Do I look like I am teacher material? That was just something they needed to give me to take up my time. I needed a distraction, and that was it for a long time."

"Hopefully she comes out of it quickly. This way we can move things forward in the right direction, and teach her what she needs to know. Train her like the rest of the Vamplings are trained. Remember that she knows nothing. So she will need extra training, and then the witch thing. We need to get someone here that can help her with all of that."

"I know, I know. Even though I am unhappy that you both feel some sort of connection, I am glad that you are able to look over her, and that she trusts you. So thank you."