chapter 16

Damion 

"Jo..."

I grabbed her and picked her up bridal style. Venom pooling inside my mouth at the thought of any one hurting her or even touching her. The fact that it was my evil brother? I was ready for war.

"She is mine brother." He spoke. No way was this happening again.

"I am not going through this again with you. Jo is my mate, not yours. I'm not giving up on her like I did with Athena. Athena was never truly mine, but she wasn't yours either. You killed her when you had no interest in her any longer. When your toy was old, and you could use it as a weapon to hurt me. You succeeded once, but will not have that opportunity again. Now for the last time, get out of my way."

"I'm afraid I can not do that brother." He said with a wicked grin.

"Dante, she was running from you She is scared to death of you, and  screams every night in terror and fear of you finding her again."

"She screams..but not in fear.  She is mine. She has been mine, and I have no intentions of handing her over to you."

"You mother fucker. You abused her, she has marks on her, and she is terrified of men."

"Well, if she would have listened, I wouldn't of had to teach her a lesson now and again."

That is when my temper flew, and all bets were off.

"You sick fuck! If she was your mate you would want no harm to come to her. I  will be the one to protect her. I have been since she got here, and I will continue every day here after."

I went passed him, although I wanted to kill him. I was worried for her safety first. She had changed alone. and I wasn't sure what she went through. She seemed perfectly fine, but I could only guess the witch in her played a roll.  She was molded into perfection. She was herself but everything was made even better. She was beautiful before, but now?  How was I to control myself now? My fucking evil psychotic brother was the man she was running from? Christ could things get any more complicated? He didn't mark her, how could she be his?

I carried her to my room, fuck that. I wasn't letting her near him, and I needed a plan to get him out of here. I knew he wasn't going to leave so easily, and he would know she was part witch. Did he have any real attachments to her?

"Jo, are you okay love?"

She woke up with a scare, her eyes hazy and scanning the room in horror.  I knew in that moment that he must have done so much damage to her.

"Where is he.. where is he?"

In a panic trying to run from my arms, left me no choice but to hold her down with force.I whispered forcefully into her ear. 

"He is not here. you are in my room with me. No one will hurt you here, you are safe with me. It's okay love."

"He..he..he is your..your brother?"She stuttered in recognition, and disbelief.

"Yes, however unfortunate....he is my brother."

"You hate him, he killed who you thought was your mate?"

"Yes."

"Please... oh god,,please don't give me to him. please keep him away from me.."

She started to so sobs, and fight me uncontrollably. I pulled her into my lap,letting her cry. Running my hands through her hair, trying to calm her and think of words that would reassure her. Not being able to take it anymore, I had to know what he did to her.