Chapter 26

When I entered the room, it took my mind a few minutes to catch up with the rest of me. Jo was sitting on the bed. Blood was under her, around her. She looked very pale. I knew that I heard yelling in the back ground. I was not able to concentrate on that though. All I could concentrate on was the blood, I wanted it. Everything else was blocked out, or in the background. Antonio, he was helping her push down the blanket that was against her thighs. The blanket that was quickly becoming soaked with blood.  She was hurt. It was then that I was able to let his voice came through.

"Damion, you have to stop the bleeding before she bleeds out. I would have, but I don't think you want my mouth in the upper most part of her thigh. Dante, he bit her there, before we had arrived in the room earlier. You have to close it Damion, NOW!"

I nodded realizing what I had to do. I had to lick the wounds closed. I would kill Antonio if he were to try. I pushed him out of the way, and removed her blanket. I opened her legs with a hiss, seeing the way Dante tore her up. I ground my teeth down as hard as I could. This needed to be done, I needed to swallow the anger down, and then I could help her then deal with him. I looked up at her face, as I watched her emotions change. She smelled of fear. Still she feared me.

"I don't know what is happening to me, but I promise I would never hurt you. Let me save you. You still trust me don't you?"

She nodded, and even in these circumstances, I wanted her, wanted her blood, and felt pride that she still trusted me, even though she was scared.

"Lean back."

I unraveled her completely, and turned to Antonio.

"Leave."

"Your eyes are pitch black again. Turn your anger outwards. I mean no harm, and I'm not leaving her side."

I knew what he was saying was true, but the animal in me would not allow it.

"Hurry, she is dying."

I moved her legs open more, leaning in to seal the wounds. Depriving myself of her taste; for now.

I sealed everything, twice to make sure. 

"Give me a wet towel please, I need to clean her up."

"No, Damion, you need to give her blood."

"I cant, you know that Antonio!" I was willing to do everything, anything for her. Just not this. If I were to continue to feed her my blood...

"I know that you do not want to bind yourself to her, but she will die. If you don't do it, I will."

"Do it then, I wont." 

I couldn't. I couldn't do it. I eyed Antonio for a moment before I walked out. I didn't know what to say; but I did know what to do. I was going to look for my brother.

Antonio

That son of a bitch. He just would not allow anyone in after all the shit that happened with Athena. He wanted to, then couldn't follow through. Jo would suffer from that. Even though she was probably his blood bonded mate, he was fighting it with everything he had. On top of what was happening to him? Way too much over load for him. He was either going to break, or disappear.
This was quite an experiment for all of us. I had no crave for her blood. I wonder what would happen if I gave her mine? Would that bind us in the same way it would them? Aside from all of that, how many times could this woman be bitten? Back and forth between Dante and Damion. Both fighting for her. Only difference was that Damion kept giving up, while Dante kept pushing forward. If Damion would not protect her from Dante, I would. Damion would rather her die than to give her his vein. I didn't get it. 

So I bit into my wrist while we both kept eye contact.

"Drink from me so that you will live, angel. I have no desire to take you, or be your mate, that is on my honor"

I placed my hand under head, while I was above her on the bed, on my knees.
She leaned up while I supported her, and gave her my vein. She very delicately drank from me, almost as if no one was at my wrist at all. She drank slowly until she was tired, as I held her up, and watched over her. All the while, feeling a fierce sense of protection with a hint of deja vu.