Chapter 22

"This isnt right, something is wrong. Mother please allow me to keep her in here until she has awakened, and I can explain everything to her. If she awakens with him, she will be frightened, and she will not understand what is going on. I promised her that I would protect her. A bonded promise that I cannot break."

My mother looked torn, but she nodded her head in agreement.

"Dante, the guards will escort you to your room. stay there until this is all sorted out. I will bring you updates of her condition as it changes."

He reluctantly agreed. They took him out of the room, and my mother stayed behind alone.

"Damion, when she awakens, if the mark has healed, please do it again. You must try your mark on her again if the first has failed. "

"Mother I don't understand. I don't understand any of this!"

"Do as I say. I will check in with you later."

Antonio just looked at me unsure of what the hell was going on, and I'm sure my face mirrored his. I had no idea.

"Damion, she is about to wake up, I can feel it."

"What do you mean you can feel it, what does that even fucking mean?"

"I don't know."

He looked a little taken back, and a little bit scared.

"This is so bizarre."

"I don't understand."

"I will give you two some privacy, call after me if you should need anything."

She was stirring as I approached her, studying the area where her mark would be. Sure enough there was nothing there. I wondered what my mother actually knew, and how she knew it. And why was she keeping things from me? Thoughts swirled in my mind, about my mother, Dante, and Antonio. Why did Antonio feel so connected to her?  This was so confusing.

"Damion, what is happening? 

She woke with nothing but questions in her eyes. She was so lost and confused, and so was I.

"I'm not sure I marked you correctly, my mother told me that if my mark was not there, that I needed to do it again. I'm sorry, I've never done this before. I don't really know what I am doing."

"Its okay. Dante was here? He was angry, distraught and sad. What happened?"

"How do you know that?"

"I felt him, I don't know how to explain it."

"Look, he was here, he said that I have no claim on you. He said that he slept with you, and marked you, and that you have drank his blood. Do you remember any of that?"

"He likes to bite. Once he bit me but not on my neck, and I never knew that I was drinking his blood. Could he have been sneaking it in my drinks? He used to insist on making my coffee on most days,"

"That son of a bitch was feeding you his blood little by little. I am fucking sure that is breaking the rules some how.Now I am breaking the laws right now by biting you. What I don't understand is that my mother is the one who told me to do it."

She sat up in the bed, trying to fix her hair a bit.

"This is so crazy, I feel like I'm in a bad dream."

"No shit. Me too."

"I feel funny."

"You are about to feel a whole lot funnier. I hate to rush this, but we have to get a move on before they come and take you away. Dante has rights to you. If this mark doesn't take, then he will be allowed to take you from me.  I'm afraid I  will have to hand you over to him. I know that I promised I wouldn't, but I have no choice. It will only be temporary, because I plan to fight everyone and every law to get you back, or at least away from him. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, I mean, there is nothing you can do. The law is the law around here. I'm just scared that he will be very mad and me, and hurt me."

I leaned into her,  pulling her towards me in a hug. God this sucked so fucking bad. I was getting angrier by the moment. Her scent was really getting to me, I wanted to drink from her. I knew that I had to bite her again. I pulled her away slightly, looking into her eyes for permission. She smiled a bit, and I knew that was the okay I needed. I rubbed my nose from her collar bone to the back of her ear. Just enjoying her scent and breathing her in. She smelled delicious. I went to the side of her vein, taking in once last breath of her scent, and bit into her for the second time. This time, it was very different. I felt a part of me connecting to her. I felt a part of her gripping on to me. I wasn't sure what was happening but we were being joined in some way. I let the venom out once again, and left her neck. When I pulled away, we both looked at each other, and then at the same time, saw the light surrounding us in a bubble. Two wisps of white cloud like air came from me, like tendrils, then from her. We watched as they rose above us, intertwining at a rapid pace.  Then as fast as it was there, it was all gone. Disappearing into the room.