Chapter 41

Angelina

I knew that this was maybe not the right decision, and even though Antonio agreed with me, I knew that he did not think this was a good idea either. I could not explain it other than this was something that I had to absolutely do. I needed to see Dante, and I needed to speak to him. I knew that I could convey any problems that I thought would occur telepathically with Antonio. It was sort of becoming a safety net instead of a bother, as I thought more and more about it. He could see when I was in trouble, shit like that. So I guess it was good, as long as in the future I would learn how to tune him out of some thoughts. As not all of them were made for him to hear. 

"Antonio, I know that some of you have specific powers I guess we can call them. Is that right? Can you elaborate on them? I'm sure this in no way is breaking the rules."

Antonio considered me in such a way, that even though I tried, I could not read him.

"Okay, so I gotta tell you, because you are blocking me, I can already tell that you are keeping things from me, and you swore it. You swore that you wouldn't. Please don't. Don't block me out, I am trying to figure all of this out. I have many questions, and I will try not to ask you anything that will compromise you, but this I want to know."

"I am sorry. I am not intentionally blocking you, but I do admit that I had not desire to answer your question. That must have been what blocked you. I am learning about this telepathic shit as well. I'm unsure how it works. Although we have heard many things on it."

"Stop deflecting."

"Damion has a few, and I feel he has been experiencing more changes to himself as of late. I am not completely aware of all of them, so I can't say for sure. I know that he will be powerful, so he will probably be blessed with many. Dante is powerful as well, and I know of a few...I believe that he was using his enchantments, and Illusions on you, as he did with Athena. Hypnosis maybe, with eye contact. Taking over your thoughts, and making you think differently."

As soon as he said that I knew. I felt all the blood drain from my face, and had to sit. It did not go unnoticed. My heart started racing as my memories were scattering across my mind, behind my eyes as I closed them. I could remember many times when he did that to me. Shattering my heart even further, knowing that I never acted out of my own love for him."

"Angelina, what is wrong?"

"He was doing that to me. The hypnosis with his mind, he would look at me, and I would feel....different. It was like he changed my mind. After a while I knew that if I did not want to feel that way, I had to avoid looking into his eyes. It took me long to know not to do them when I could avoid it, which wasnt often. He pursuaded me into many things Antonio. Now I know that none of it was real. It was all a scam. My heart hurts even more now. Thank you, I needed to know this before I went to see him. If my mind changes, and you sense that things are off, come in and take me away from him. Do not waste a moment."

"Come in? You expect me to leave you alone in a room with him? Do you want me beheaded by the Prince? Are you mad? Damion will hunt me down and kill me."

"How about inside the door way?"

"Fair enough."

As we were leaving the room, I paused to glance back towards Antonio. " How about you?"

"Well, telepathic with you, the ability to calm people. I can sometimes see things a bit into the future. I tend to keep that to myself though. I can see past as well. Normally it takes effort to search one's mind. With you it is different so far. You have the ability to project not only speaking in my mind, but showing me memories. I can see what you are thinking about. Visually. This is different for me, Ive never done that before and I am old. You are bringing a bright light with you where ever you go, and all of us are reacting to it. Im not sure what any of that means, other than thinking you were witch."

"Will you tell me one day? Tell me if you see anything past or future?"

"If I get any visions, I certainly will."

I thought that might be a lie. It may have been that he had already saw some things. Some visions that he was yet to think over. Visions that made no sense. I could understand that. Honestly? I don't know that I would want to know too much in advance. I had a hard enough time keeping up with the current situation. Add any more information to that? No thanks! 

"Where can we find him?"

"I am not sure, we can check his room first on the other side of the estate. We were all trying to keep you away from each other. We thought it safe to keep the two boys apart as much as possible. Dante can be the ultimate instigator. He loves a good fight."

"Yes, he does."

"Did he ever...hurt you?"

"Yes, he did. We had a strange relationship. He was very possessive. Treated me well one minute, and like a piece of meat the next. Loved me one minute, hated me the next."

"He hated what you represent. I am sure that he did not hate you. He must have had some feelings for you if he played with you for that long. No one usually keeps his attention. No one."

"I loved him. For a while. I thought he loved me too."

"He very well may have, but not the kind of love that is good, and pure. Not the kind of love that you can share with Damion. I promise you that."

We walked through the halls, up some stairs, through some more halls. It was very confusing but I trusted Antonio, and just followed along. 

"Here it is."

We stopped in front of a door, and my heart fell out of my ass. While I did feel stronger, and more confident since my change, my mental state was still the same when it came to Dante. I was frightened of him. There were things that I needed to know for my own sake.  I knocked on the door, trying to keep my hands from shaking. That did not go unnoticed by Antonio, who stood stock still with his lips tight. He did not want to be here."

"Who the fuck is it?"

"Dante? It's Jo,well, Angelina now."

The door opened, and there he stood in all his glory. Even though I didn't want to, I felt immediately attracted to him. He still looked the same. Low hung jeans, black T. Smirk everlasting on his face. Sexy, and beautiful. Eyes so ice blue that they froze me where I stood every. damn. time. I had to be careful though. I couldn't stare into his eyes for long. It took great strength to tear them away. Was that because of his powers, or because I was madly in love with him?"

"Holy shit, you are even more beautiful, Angel..."