chapter 12

"Damion, I have packed some stuff..."

"Pack everything Jo.. I need to pack as well. I don't think that we will be coming back anytime soon."

"Im so sorry.."

"For what darling?"

"I am making you leave your home."

"Ha, please. I never cared for this place. However, as you know, because we have shared secrets. I am not thrilled to be going home. And I surely have no desire to run into my piece of shit brother. I hope to god that he has left. I also have no desire to deal with the king and queen. With all that being said, we need to get you there, and under some out of protection. Let's not forget the training. Antonio is going to get a group together over there and perhaps start a small class. I wont have to deal with my parents often, after the initial pleasantries I'm sure."

"Well, I'm sorry for that."

"I am a vampire, you should know this. I drink blood. I want you, I will not deny that. I will not deny that I want your blood either.

"I dont understand any of this."

"Neither do I. You were sent here for help and guidance. They said you knew nothing About this world. Only that you were going to change soon. They gave me no history. I don't even know who your parents are, I'm pretty sure you dont know that either. You know nothing of your heritage. It will be completely beyond any normalcy. You will be like one of us, and will have to learn so much so quickly."

"How is this even possible, that I have been a vampire this whole time, and I didn't know? So I'm going to be a vampire, you are a vampire. Is everyone around me is also a vampire? This is fucking crazy, and Im not even sure I believe you."

"I dont blame you darling. I dont. You will see for yourself soon enough. Don't forget the other night you bit me. Hard."

"Will you tell me more, when we get where we are going? I feel like I might pass out again, I feel like this is all a bad dream."

"Come here."

I pulled her chin up. Looking into her face with concern.

"Im your friend and I am here for you alright? Trust in me, I promise to help you and protect you."

She nodded with tears in her eyes. I had to let go. I was torn between figuring out what was going on between us, and keeping her at arms length.

I continued to pack all of my things and made a dozen phone calls. I would check in with Antonio later in the week. Right now I had to be concerned about my darling brother. With her  possibly being a witch and vampire, my parents, and my feelings, I was going to have my hands full. Christ. Oh, and how can I forget, not fucking her, not falling for her, not letting my guard down. Simple enough right? I seriously wanted to bang my head against the wall as hard as I could, but I didn't have the time for that right now.

"I'm ready."

I glanced over at her, she was in worn jeans, and a long tee. She looked worn down, and I felt terrible. Part of the change would take everything from her. It would really beat her down. I wasn''t sure how healthy she was to begin with. I didn't know if she ate well, took vitamins, worked out. I basically knew nothing about her.  All important things to take place prior to the change. I would have to deal with things as is for now.

"You look really tired, you can sleep on the trip to Georgia."

"Wait, your parents live in Georgia?"

"Haha, yes except we have a sort of an underground place I guess you can call it."

"Like fairies, do you live in another realm?"

Okay, that had me laughing on the inside.

"Did you just call me a fairie?"

"No, I compared your underground world to that of fairies."

"Aw, sweetie. No, its nothing like that. It's kind of a different world though. With all sorts of magical people."

"Will they know that I am a mix? Is this going to be a problem?"

So she was paying attention and taking some things in. Good.

"Ah,  one step at a time darling. My parents will decide that."

"Should I be scared?"

"Not with me by your side."

I grabbed her suitcase, and opened the door for her to go..

'Lets get down to the car."

***********************************************************************************************

Few hours later and we were on the plane. I could tell that she had a lot going on inside of her.  I did my best to give her some space. She was looking lost and I was trying not to stare at her. I truly wanted to comfort her, I just could not bring myself to do it. Internally battling to let her in. I stopped staring  at her, sat back in my window seat and spent my time getting lost in the clouds. She interrupted my thoughts a few minutes later.

"Hey, are you mad at me?"

That got my attention. Why on earth would I be mad?
"No, darling no. why?"

"You are kinda ignoring me, and I feel really nervous already.'

She reached out and grabbed my hand, I didn't even hear anything she said after that. All I could do was stare at her hand in mine. Mesmerized by such a small offering. It has been so long since I even allowed anyone to hold my hand. But she would not know that. And here she was, this little spit fire of a vampling/witchling who had no idea who she was, getting into my heart. Without even trying she was getting past all the walls of hurt and pain. She was finally here.