Chapter 24

Dante

Finally they knew that they could no longer keep her from me. Fuck him. Jo, something was not right with her. What was going on?

"Mother, what has happened?"

"Your brother has marked her, once again."

"Mother, why would you allow such a thing, I will have you put on trial for keeping my mate away from me, and letting this happen."

"You will do no such thing, and she is not your mate."

I turned my back on her, no need to argue.
"Mother, before you leave, please tell me what is wrong with her."

"Nothing, there is nothing wrong with her, she was sent to us, her purpose, unknown. I have certain feelings towards her, as does your brother, and Antonio."
"They have no rights to her, she is mine, and always will be. We need a doctor."

"Very well."

My mother left, letting the door slam behind her. I touched Jo's face and allowed her to calm down. She seemed to be in peace now, so I would leave her and await the doctor. Hopefully there was nothing wrong with her. 

I need to gain control of her again, but something was off. I believe that my brothers mark did something to her. She is different now. I can smell it, sense it, almost taste it. Could his mark over ride everything that I have done with her? I bonded with her. Marked her, she drank my blood. So much of it! I fucked her every way imaginable. Had control over her mind, her body. I controlled everything in her life. Until she said he was leaving. Until she snuck off to get away from me, then wound up here. In a college for Vamplings. She had no idea vamps existed, and I never knew she was one herself, neither did she until she got here. So how in the fuck did she manage to be enrolled here. Who enrolled her?
And that bastard. He wanted me to kill my brother's mate. Athena. That whore. She wasn't but I killed her anyway. I needed Damion's mate dead, so that he...would make me gain all the power and become king. Jo could not be his mate. She had to be mine, because there was no way I would ever kill her. What the fuck was going on?
"Damion?"

"No, my brother has left."
"Dante?"

She flew up realizing that I was here, next to her. A look of pure horror appeared on her face. She didn't know what I was going to do to her. She didn't know what was going to happen. She so deserved that for what she has put me through. How embarrassing is it for everyone to know that she ran from me?

"Yea, babe. Dante. You have been a naughty girl Jo.

"Im sorry I di-"
"Stop, naughty girls get punished, but you know what?"

I touched her face, a little aggressively. She shook her head no over and over again, as she started to silently cry.
"I have missed you so fucking much, and I just want to be inside you, right here, right now."
"Please, I don't want to be with you, please just leave me alone, please Dante."

Damion
I stormed off to get away from everyone, but I felt that fucker following me anyway. When I got outside I finally turned to him.
"Why are you following me?"
"Something is wrong with you. Your voice changed back there, and your eyes. Your eyes changed. It seems your anger made them change. The pupils widened out, and were surrounded by the blue, only the thinnest blue iris around them. I have never seen such a thing. Has this happened before?"
"I don't know. But my anger, it is running me, and I have been trying to tamper it down."
"Holy shit. There is so much crazy fucked up shit going on right now."
"Tell me about it."
Just at that very second, I tilted my head, trying to hear better. I thought I heard Jo calling crying out. My immediate reaction, without thinking about it, was to run to her and see if she was alright.
"Jo, she is in trouble."
I shouted at Antonio, before I found myself running to her. When I got to the room I sensed that she was in, I pushed the door open, and there was Jo. She was on her knees, and Dante was standing in front of her, pulling her hair back so far that it looked terribly painful. Tears streaming down her face. A nice bright red mark on her check, a little blood near her mouth. Then I looked to Dante. He had scratch marks all over his face, smirking at her on her knees and crying in pain, while his fangs extended and went towards her. The thought of him biting her, marking her, was unacceptable to the beast I felt was inching to come out of me. What was this feeling of the anger taking over me, I wondered as I let it once again flow through me. Still, I had yet to move. Watching. Taking it all in. Allowing the anger to take over. I felt my body start to function, and move, in a very animalistic way. Out of my control, as if I was a puppet on someones strings, being manipulated to their pleasure. Jo looked up at me, and for a few moments, she looked equally terrified of me, maybe more terrified than she had even looked with him. Boring my eyes into him,  waiting for him to see me. I felt, in those moments, that I was the bad guy. Putting fear on her face, and his. Made me worse than him, didn't it?
He immediately let go of her hair. Looked at me with an expression that I had never seen on him before. It was jealousy? How can that be? In my mind, I pushed him against the wall on the other side of the room, to get him away from here completely. In reality, he went flying there; his body pressed against the wall as if someone was holding him there. I never moved. Still hadn't since I walked in.
"Holy hell." I heard behind me as Antonio entered the room. Again, I tilted my head back over to Jo. She was frozen in her spot. Fear so potent that I could taste it. Her body shook, afraid to move. I couldn't stand seeing her this way. Couldn't stand to be in here any more. Suffocating within myself. I needed out. Taking one more look at my brother, I left.