chapter 13

We had a long flight, and she held my hand the whole time. It felt good, and I hadn't felt this good in such a long time. Surrounding myself in pain was what I knew. I could do that very well. I knew how to hide feelings, and I knew how to brood in my own pain. Anything outside of those emotions, I was terrified of. 

After we landed, and got our luggage, we headed out of the airport for my ride. I made sure there was a limo waiting for us. I led her into car, still holding her hand.

"Really, a limo?"

"I like to travel with ease and style. I hate to drive."

We had to be in the car for a at least 40 minutes. After about 10, she was leaning on me and falling asleep on my shoulder. I didn't want to put an arm around her, really I didn't, but she was bouncing all over the place. Of course I gave in and wrapped an arm around her while my other hand was busy with my phone. I had a good friend in the coven, Billy. I was texting him to let him know that I was coming, also to see what was taking place in the castle. I wanted to know if my brother was there and left, or if he didn't arrive yet at all. I needed to know if I was  going to run into him, because really it would just be a blood bath. I wanted him dead, I didn't give a fuck about what my parents thought. I worried greatly about what they were going to do with Jo Jo. My father, at times could be unreasonable. They could use her to their advantage, they could behead her. Very unpredictable, and entering the castle without knowing anything was making me ill. I didn't know what to expect, and neither did anyone else. Dealing with her in a way that would please all parties involved was not something I envisioned happening. So fuck me, I wasn't even sure how to react in front of my parents.

When we arrived at the compound I gently tried to wake her, and nothing. I'm sure that her mind was exhausted about all else, and I felt horrible for continuing to try and wake her. Left me wide open with one option, I would have to carry her. That would be an entrance, now wouldn't it? I picked her up with ease, and headed up the pathway to the door. The butler was already opening the doors before I got there.

"Sire."

"Good evening. Ms. Costa has fallen asleep. I think it's best that she go straight to her room for a rest."

"Absolutely. Please, follow me. We can put her in for a rest and you can meet with the king and queen. I'm sure they are thrilled that their prince has arrived."

I followed him up the huge Gothic center stair case. When we got to the top we could either go left or right. I was glad when we made a left. My room was at the end, and I was hoping she would be next to me so we could share the bathroom. wait...what was I saying?

"I thought it best if I gave her the room next to yours, so you can keep an eye on her." As if he read my mind.

"Thanks."

He opened the door for me and entered the room with me. I guess he was instructed to deliver me to my parents. Most likely immediately. I lay her down, and covered her with a blanket. The room was huge and all in a lilac color. Calming colors with a huge bed. The bed was covered in fluffy white bedding, and I knew immediately that she would love it, and be most comfortable here. The. Dresser was a decent size, and it was dark wood to match the floors. Similar to my room. With closets this size, it was hard to see the necessity for any more furniture. I gave the room I final glance over, making sure everything was clean for her.

"I don't want her waking up feeling scared or lost, or alone for that matter."

"You are meeting with the King only. The queen has requested to sit with her, while you are gone. She will speak to her when she wakes. The queen intends to address her, alone."
What the fuck?