Chapter 40.2

It wasn't enough. Earth felt that he was too weak and couldn't afford to pay it back. It was a loss-making business. Borrowing the law was like borrowing money. The more money you had, the greater the possibility of borrowing. It was because such people could afford to make the repayments.

Indeed, he was in his later years and there was no potential and no future. He probably couldn't afford it. Taoist Lian Xi smiled desperately and declared, "I offer my life."

A few seconds later, the eight trigrams started to tremble again and a faint yellow light appeared on both sides of the earth groove.

Xie Chi's pupils shrank. "It is borrowed."

Taoist Lian Xi opened his eyes. His entire body was shaking and there were tears in his ears. "I borrowed it!"

[Step 2.]

[I'm so excited ahhh.]

"Why did earth refuse to lend it at first?" Xie Chi's eyes were tense.

Taoist Lian Xi looked bleak but he replied truthfully, "The earth line is like earth. It is generous and kind. The earth law is the easiest to borrow from the five elements. It was moved by me and it follows the wood line. It is the master of life and the growth of all things. It is a kind and soft-hearted existence. It can't bear the suffering of all things. The most difficult ones to borrow are the remaining three. Water is cold. People say that water is the gentlest but it is actually cold and merciless. It values the ability of the one who borrows the law. It won't have any compassion.

"As for the two lines of gold and fire, gold is breaking things down while fire is destruction. They have a mutual relationship and were born together. Fire can melt metal but metal requires fire to be turned into objects. Fire is the most self-willed and attaches great importance to the heart of the one borrowing the law. If it is dissatisfied with your heart then you won't be able to borrow it at all. Gold greatly values the ability of the borrower.

"I have borrowed earth. As long as I can find someone who is part of the gold line, it will be easy to use my help to induce gold."

Xie Chi looked at the faint yellow light and frowned. "How can we borrow more laws? This definitely isn't enough."

"Look at the future potential, look at their current ability and look at the heart. The greater the potential, ability and heart, the more we can borrow."

Xie Chi understood and no longer hesitated. "I will try it. Which one first?"

Taoist Lian Xi replied without thinking. "Water."

Taoist Lian Xi had long seen that the young man in front of him was likely to borrow the law of water. Taoist Lian Xi had lived for over 70 years and had met so many people. Xie Chi was the most in line with water. He was scheming, flexible and had a slender tongue. If the water line didn't like him then there was really no hope.

Xie Chi pressed his finger against the bulge. It pierced his finger and blood poured into the groove. He frowned slightly.

[Do you think he can borrow it?]

[He should be able to borrow a bit of water, right? His temperament fits well.]

[This is good metaphysics.]

The eight trigrams started to tremble again but there were zombies jumping outside the house. Based on the sound, at least a dozen zombies would rush in. Xie Chi's face changed and Xie Xinglan was about to come out to lead Taoist Lian Xi to escape. However, Taoist Lian Xi anxiously shouted, "Don't worry about them and pay attention!"

The next second, the ground started to stir and a small mound that was half a meter in high formed at the door. The small zombies could only jump 20 to 30 centimetres. They couldn't get over the mound and were stopped outside.