Chapter 101: Living Hell (3)

As his dazed mind slowly woke up, Xie Chi felt cold. The cold invaded from the outside in, forming a thin layer of frost on his skin. His blood flow rate slowed down as a result. The coldness wasn’t satisfied with this. It continued to invade and the boundless chill spread through the blood vessels to his bones. It was so painful and it felt like his blood was slowly freezing. His limbs were stiff and numb from the cold.

Just as Xie Chi was about to open his eyes, he noticed someone turning over his body. He immediately pretended to sleep, consciously suppressing his eye movements and slowing down his breathing.

“So transparent, is he a newcomer? Or was he just bullied? What bad luck. A newcomer ended up in the eighth cold hell.” The man cursed in a low voice. His breath had a foul stench.

“It will be good to eat you.”

Alarm rang in Xie Chi’s heart but he didn’t despair. It was impossible for the app to let him die at the beginning. He didn’t even know the rules yet. Even if this person wanted to eat him, he wouldn’t do it immediately. Xie Chi kept calm and waited.

“Young man, wake up.” The voice above his head was gentle and full of concern. Xie Chi felt that someone was shaking him gently. He slowly opened his eyes and met a deeply wrinkled old man’s face.

“You’re awake.” The man sighed with relief. His eyes were full of an old man’s pity for a young man. The person who awakened Xie Chi was a small old man. He was thin with yellow skin, like an old yellow dog running out of fuel. Still, his eyes were extremely kind.

Xie Chi sat up and looked around. The sky was a deep blue and he was surrounded by ice and snow. He lay in a barren field of snow. The snow was boundless and everything in the distance was white. In this huge place, there was only one living person in front of him.

“Are you new here?” The old man patted the ice and snow off Xie Chi and asked with concern.

Xie Chi smelled the bad breath. The old man who seemed meticulous in front of him was the one who just wanted to eat him. Xie Chi smiled secretly. He raised his stiff legs and stood up, seemingly at a loss. “Yes, I-I committed a crime and just entered.”

Before coming in, Xie Chi remembered the appearance of all the actors. The old man obviously wasn’t an actor so he should be a living person originally trapped in hell.

The old man patted him on the shoulder. “Yes, I knew you were a newcomer. You are so young. It is a pity and just bad luck.”

“Where am I?”

He knew the old man would attack him and he was separated from Xie Xinglan. For safety, he should run away now while his legs weren’t frozen and stiff. However, the app hadn’t changed at all. The meaning was obvious. This hypocritical old man was his narrator. His life might be saved if he ran away but he would miss the initial plot exploration Those who sought wealth and honor would experience danger.

Thoughts flashed in Xie Chi’s mind but they didn’t show up on his face. He seemed to be trembling with fear. Add his gentle face and he could easily dispel doubts.

The old man sat on a huge boulder to the side and sighed. “This is the bottom of the eight cold hells. I am your fellow prisoner.”

Xie Chi hesitated before leaning over. “Eight cold hells?”

He deliberately spoke but he noticed that his entire body was almost transparent. Meanwhile, the old man was semi-solid with an obvious outline. Those who came in were all souls. It was understandable if his body was transparent but why was the old man more solid than him?

Xie Chi was silent.

The old man said, “We are all living people who sinned. You must’ve heard of the 18 hells right?’