Chapter 153: Tarot Game (3)

Xie Chi was about to step forward when Gu Yu, who was closest to the feather, bent down and picked it up. He naturally handed the feather to Jiang Shuo. Jiang Shuo didn’t intend to share it with the other actors and just whispered to Gu Yu. The other actors were a bit uncomfortable with Gu Yu’s selfish behavior but they didn’t dare to speak up.

Xie Chi had previously glanced at it roughly. It was a red feather that wasn’t very big or long. It was soft and downy.

Ye Xiaoxiao thought about the huge movement made by something unknown before and whispered, “Is it the feather of an ibis?”

Xie Chi replied, “It should be.”

They could now be sure that the ‘Star’ card was the dominant timing. On the only tree in the ‘Star’ card, there was a bird with red feathers resting. It was an ibis. The ibis was a type of protected animal with a long beak and a crown. It had white and red feathers and its body was slender and elegant. Of course in the tarot card, the ibis had a different feeling. The patron saint of time in ancient Egypt was Thoth. According to unreliable data, Thoth was an ibis. Thoth was the guardian of the Akashic Records, the legendary book of cosmic life.

Ren Ze felt a bit dizzy. “What is this trying to imply?”

Xie Chi raised an eyebrow. “Let’s go in first.”

He looked at Jiang Shuo. Jiang Shuo’s expression was tense. He obviously hadn’t gained anything.

The group followed the path to the castle and the person who came out to greet them was dressed as a maid. The maid was dressed in a black robe made of unknown velvet. It felt extremely warm looking. She had no colors other than black and this made her look solemn and ominous.

“Hello, how did we get here?” Gu Yu pretended to be suspicious and asked according to the initial settings of the character and the story.

The maid opened her mouth but didn’t make any sound. Everyone thought she was mute. Then upon taking a closer look, they found that the maid didn’t have a tongue in her mouth! Her tongue was removed cleanly with no residue. Her mouth was empty and moist, like a dark, bottomless hole.

Ren Ze whispered, “How does she eat…?”

It wasn’t just because of the teeth that people could chew food and swallow. The tongue also played a major role. Without a tongue, eating was a big problem.

Xie Chi said nothing. He was obviously thinking about it. Pulling out the tongue… did the maid know something that someone didn’t want them to know? Xie Chi stared up at the castle that was close by. Currently, things might be a bit complicated.

The maid’s eyes were hollow and numb. She didn’t pay attention to them anymore. She just took out a pitch-black keychain from her pocket and unlocked the outer gate of the castle. Once everyone entered, she directly locked the gate. Then in front of everyone’s shocked eyes, she stuffed the key… into her mouth. Her throat moved twice. He didn’t know if it was an illusion but Xie Chi could hear the clear sound of the key falling into her stomach and hitting the lining.

A few cannon fodder felt numb. Ren Ze felt a chill in his heart. Was this still a human?

The gate behind him was two meters tall. It was pitch-black and sharp as a sword. Once the door was locked, it was impossible for ordinary people to escape. In other words, they were going to spend the next seven nights in this terrifying castle.

The maid didn’t let them enter the main entrance of the castle. Instead, she took them around the castle in a small half circle and came to the side entrance of the castle.

Xie Chi took the opportunity to look at the castle. The castle was no different from the one on the poster but that was at a distance. Now he was looking from up close. Xie Chi found several locations on the walls of the ancient castle with traces of black burn marks, especially on the spire of the castle. The ball on the spire of the castle was similar to the white ball on top of Santa’s hat but it was now charred black. He didn’t know what had happened to the castle.