43 | updated bookshelf tour

It's been almost a year since I made my first bookshelf tour, and since then, I've bought a LOT more books, so I decided to make a new one for all of my book-hoarding pals who may want to see what I've been reading lately.

I decided to remove all of the books I wanted to get rid of from my shelves and stacked them on top. Even just getting rid of the 11 Cassandra Clare (Casserole Clam) books I have freed up two and a half whole squares, which was so satisfying. I had way too many books shoved in that shelf in my nightstand, so I moved all of the ones I've already read into my main bookshelf, leaving only the ones I haven't.

During my last tour, I had 117 books. I now have 147 counting the books I want to get rid of, but 87 without counting those (which just SHOWS how many I need to remove from my possession).

Most of the books I've bought in the past year have been from Thriftbooks, which is an excellent site to buy books super cheap. I got a bunch of classics for like $2-$4 each and they're in good condition. I did get a few Barnes & Noble gift cards for the holidays, so I'm sure I'll buy some more eventually... probably the third Dreamer Trilogy book from Maggie Stiefvater or other continuations of series I'm into.

Without further ado, here is the tour.

NIGHTSTAND

The books stacked in front in the first pic are ones I keep on the surface of my nightstand, but I moved them down there for the photo

The books stacked in front in the first pic are ones I keep on the surface of my nightstand, but I moved them down there for the photo. They're my current reads, and, if you check my last tour, you'll see that yes, I am still reading The Diviners. I like the writing but there's just so much filler stuff. That was my problem with Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty which I tried to read at 15 but couldn't stand for that reason. I feel like I should be halfway through the book but I'm at 27% :) help :)

I'm also reading A Court of Silver Flames and I'm shocked it's taken me this long to get through a SJM book. I don't think that's ever happened, even with the Throne of Glass series, which is 7 books long. It's just harder for me to tackle longer books now because I'm so busy, so they seem more daunting and there's a mental block :/