68 | my OCs saying their lines

I had no idea how to title this so I hope what I put makes sense.

There's this voice AI thing called elevenlabs that allows you to input text and have it be "spoken" by an AI voice. You can either create your own entirely original voice or (if you pay) you can input sound clips from real people and do the same thing.

I decided to pay since it's $5/month and the first month was 80% off, so I just paid $1. Plus I'm not planning on keeping this subscription for very long anyway, so I was fine with the monetary sacrifice.

I asked you guys which lines you would like to hear, and tried to fufill the ones I was capable of. I'm planning on doing more, but for now, I stuck with quotes from Lena, Graham, Ares, Dominic, and Stiles.

Not all of the speech patterns match exactly with how I imagine the lines being said, but it's an AI so of course there will be mistakes. Also one of Ares' quotes got cut off so that's fun. And at one point it kept making him Australian like HOW😭

I do think that Graham and Ares's voices are the most accurate to how their faceclaims actually sound. Ares in particular was great because Benjamin Wadsworth had a ton of voiceovers in Deadly Class, so I was able to use those for content.

The steps I took to input my own voice clips:

1. Screen record clips from the person's projects and/or interviews (preferably with no background music)
2. Trim the videos down so only that person is speaking and compile all the clips in CapCut/iMovie
3. Airdrop it to my laptop
4. Open the video on my laptop and then export it as an "audio only" file
5. Airdrop it back to my phone and save it in my files app
6. Open the audio file in elevenlabs

I had to convert the videos into audios because the video files would be too big and wouldn't upload. Also, I tried to get sounds that were as clear as I could. The program says quality over quantity, but I still tried to get at least 45 seconds to a minute of audio. I found that made the voice the most accurate.

Here are the quotes I compiled! They are grouped by OC, and then at the end, there are 3 "scenes" where the dialogue is spoken back and forth between 2 characters. I've also included the OC names, what book, act/part, and chapter they are from, and a transcript of the quotes being spoken. Some parts have quick lines from other characters said between sentences (like Peter saying "Me? You like me?" after Lena's first sentence in the first quote) but I didn't include that because I only have so many characters & voices I can use/make. So some parts are just grouped together.

*Note: some of the Spanish in Ares' quotes is mispronounced but I tried to include his absolute tomfoolery in his second language😭

Quick disclaimer that these were made for entertainment purposes only and please do not take them for edits or anything. I mean,,, they're from my fics so it would be hard to steal them, but still. Don't do it.

This video is unlisted so it's only available to people with the link (you guys) and can't just be searched on YouTube. It should only be accessible from this chapter or if you happen to save the link. I know that WP is still considered the internet but I don't want the video like,, coming up on people's recommendations or something. Idk. I know I have a huge audience but I'm still private about my WP and the thought of someone I know accidentally finding this and somehow connecting it back to me terrifies me! So! Anyway.

Hope you guys enjoyed that (and sorry there were so many of Ares, but his quotes were just too iconic and the AI worked so well for him that I couldn't stop. I've hardly even scratched the surface with his iconic lines so I will include more next time.)

Which quotes would you like to hear next time? It's easier and works better if the quotes are longer or aren't one-liners that only make sense in the context of a larger conversation (aka Graham's constant sarcasm). I tried to find more iconic Graham ones but will have to do a deeper dive into the books to find some. Same with Dominic, though I'll probably update Curran's audio clips because I had trouble with his.

Some OCs of mine are played by models, so audio clips of them are extremely scarce. These include Kaito McCoy, Clark, Nick, and Oliver Walsh, so quotes from them probably won't be possible to make.

I'm excited to share this with you since it took FOREVER to make the voices, get the tone right (or as good as they could get), and then edit that video.