*Five (2007.3)

Although Adelaide didn't understand the full meaning behind a "birthday" she knows that because uncle Harry was coming back home from Afghanistan to celebrate it with Gran-Gran, it must be a very special occasion. Although Adelaide has yet to have any memory of Uncle Harry (or indeed anything), she sensed from experiences of her last (and her only) four months on Earth that whenever someone close to her parents went back home, they'd go visit her and give her presents. So, Adelaide was reasonably very excited about Harry and his present. Harry was to stay in England from Mid-March to Late October, after attending William and Catherine's scheduled wedding. 

On a bright sunny beautiful day, Adelaide met her uncle Harry. The doorbells rang, William opened the door. Kate put Adelaide down and she crawled to the man who welcomed her with open arms. It was perfect timing, the sun was perfectly visible from the windows of the room, reflecting off of Harry's redish brown curls, onto Adelaide's tiny and beaming features.  There were no introductions needed, they just seem to know each other for a long time, perhaps even from their last life.

That evening, Harry was arranging his luggage and belongings, preparing to settle down in his apartment in Kensington Palace. But, Adelaide didn't want to let her uncle go. She was ruffling Harry's hair, plucking his nose, and stretching his ears. Yes, at four months, Adelaide is a pretty restless girl. 

Kate and William gave up on persuading her to go back, so they promised her one more hour of playtime with her uncle before bed. The moment her parents left, Adelaide became a good girl again. This time, her hands moved to her uncle's eardrops and started playing with them. They are very cold but soft, Adelaide loved how they felt. After a while, she fell into a slumber.

The next day, Adelaide clamored again for her to see Uncle Harry. But since he needed to visit Her Majesty in the morning and was not home, she needed to wait. She wasn't in a good mood that morning, let's just say.

At 4 o'clock in the afternoon, Harry went to pick Adelaide up to play with her. Adelaide was crawling on his bed, making the blanket all messy, but neither of them really cared. After 10 minutes or so, she got bored and wanted to show her uncle a new skill she recently unlocked——jumping. So, Harry held her armpits while she jumped (more like tip-toed) on his upper lap area. Gradually, Harry began to remove his hands from her while Adelaide was just enjoying herself and couldn't care less. She continued doing her little hops. 

When the aid from Harry's hands was completely removed, he realized that Adelaide could jump by herself! Suddenly, not long after this excitement, whether by accident or not (we will never know), Adelaide's small but powerful hands pushed Harry's chest a bit, causing him to lie down on the bed. 

Adelaide then, because of the reaction force of that strong push, staggered forward a bit, walking from Harry's lap all the way up to his chest, before losing her balance and falling onto Harry's face, using him as a human mattress :))

So, that's how Adelaide learned to walk. For the next week or so, this has only been a secret between Adelaide and her uncle. When Harry wanted to share this news with her parents, she'd cover his mouth with either her hand or her foot. Adelaide didn't walk in front of her parents. It was a small thing between the two of them. That is until Harry decided to film her walking and show it to her parents, which is not until late March.

For now, Adelaide could enjoy her time with her uncle. For now.

_

NEWS

March 3rd

This afternoon Princess Alexandra Countess of Frederiksborg, former wife of Prince Joachim of Denmark, married Martin Jørgensen in a private ceremony at Øster Egede Church near Fakse.

This will be Adelaide's future mother-in-law. 

March 5th

The Duchess of Cornwall had an operation this morning, which was performed by Michael Dooley and Marcus Setchell at King Edward II Hospital in London. 

Adelaide wished her Grams well, although the only implication of this on her was the trip to grams and gramps that weekend was canceled.

March 28th

Prince Harry of Wales has become the first Royal Patron of three UK-based charities, Dolen Cymru, MapAction, and WellChild. This is the first time Prince Harry has taken on the patronage of established charities and his association with each will begin immediately. The Prince is keen to support these charities which all offer essential assistance to communities across the UK and throughout the world.

Adelaide was very glad for her uncle, she doesn't know the specifics but she's very happy that he's finally onto something.