Chapter 13 | Handsome

"Thank you for the water, Jin," I said, putting the glass on the sofa's side table.

I instantly stood up to leave. As I walked, the heels of my boots thudded against the floor. There was almost no sound around.

I turned to see Jin's undoubtedly handsome face. But before I was completely facing him, my stomach gurgled.

OMG. CAN YOU SHUT UP?

I wished I wouldn't have turned back. Jin looks at me, his lips pursed.

And then, we both laugh at the same time. I was embarrassed, about Jin, I don't know why he laughed.

"I'll go," I said weakly, and stepped back.

"No! Stop embarrassing me," said Jin's infuriated voice.

"What? What did I do?"

"Your stomach is begging for food in front of the world's best cook. If it's not embarrassing, what is?"

Is he serious?

"Come, I'll cook a good meal."

I opened my mouth to refuse his proposal, but he knew already. He suddenly points his finger to my face.

"No refusals. Jin's stomach is begging too."

His eyebrows were jerked, visibly acting. And then, he stops the drama and giggles again.

"Seriously, let's eat. I never eat alone. These bad boys ditched me and went out," he cried, looking at the door.

I nodded and kept my bag on the table. I took off my overcoat and Jin instantly held it and hung it on the back of the door.

We both then walked to the kitchen. I have never been anywhere in this house, except for the lounge and dressing room. The left hallway opened to an open kitchen. It was of neutral gray color, neat and clean. I doubt I have seen a cleaner kitchen than this.

Jin offered me to sit on a small stool at the counter.

He instantly wore his pink apron, and walked to the fridge, grabbing vegetables, meat, and some containers. I looked at his apron, and there was some kind of print on it, all over the apron. I squint my eyes to look more closely.

Super Mario?

Yes, it was. I looked at him. He is now sorting things, and his concentration is on his food. His broad shoulders are moving here and there, to the stove, then to the sink, back to the counter.

I personally love watching men cooking. My father cooked for me when I was late for school. And sometimes, I asked him to cook, so that I can watch him and remember my mother's cooking. Jin just looks like my dad cooking. Jin is suddenly humming a song now. He is singing and cooking. I hear him, with my full attention, to recognize the song. It's Jungkook's song.

"Oh, I love this song of his," I said, unintentionally.

"I KNOW RIGHTTT!" Jin screamed. "Man, he is such a good singer, I am zealousssss."

I snort out.

"So, how long are you on this job?" I inquired.

"Job? Nah Nah. I do this with all my heart for my brothers. It's not really a job."

"So, Jungkook doesn't pay you? I mean.."

"Of course, he does. But we keep money aside. I don't consider this as my job or any business. We have been together for a long time, so it makes me happy."

"Long? How long?"

"Well...." Jin takes a deep breath and thinks for some time, looking at the ceiling. "5 years and counting," bringing his face back to the cutting slate.