Chapter 19 | Lift

"Dad, why is it taking so long for you to come?" I asked desperately.

"Ahh Hana, I was wrong at evaluating the time to wind up my business here," he replies, equally saddened.

"It has been more than two months, I didn't feel you around me dad. I need you here. You know I have no friends here, sometimes it's just so hard for me to stay alone."

"I am trying my bunny. Don't worry!"

I wiped my tears with my wrist, trying not to weep aloud.

"Aren't the people at work your friends? You told me there are a lot of boys, hmm?"

"Dad, we meet for work only. We talk often, but it's not like I can share everything with them," I replied.

"Umm, but you can hang out with any of them, can't you?" says dad's sheepish voice.

"Dad, just don't ask me to hang out with every boy I am working with!" I say almost yelling.

He laughed and yawned.

"Dad, you should go to bed now. We will talk tomorrow. Love you!"

"I love you even more!"

and then hang up. Loneliness again.

I kept my phone aside and rushed to take a shower. Namjoon called me for a meeting at Jungkook's place.

I dressed up quickly and picked up my phone that was continuously buzzing for the past ten minutes. They were only Instagram notifications, followed by a message from an unknown number. I clicked it open, it's a picture.

The picture was still loading, but I guessed it already.

Jungkook and me.

Hobi undoubtedly took an amazing picture, the problem was with my face and Jungkook's wink came as a surprise to me. I was so anxious that I never realized Jungkook was winking.

But whose number is this? I doubt Jungkook has sent me this himself.

"J-hope?" I made a guess.

I locked the phone and finally exited my door.

As soon as I sat on the bus, my phone buzzed.

A text message from the same number. I swiped it open.

"JK," it said.

I saved it. Never in my life had I thought this day would come.

Jungkook? In my contact list?

What the hell?

But I never saved it as Jungkook. Firstly, I never wanted someone else to know that it is him, as his name is really unique. Secondly, it would be too formal, isn't it? My phone should have familiar contacts only.

I kept on thinking.

What should I write?

Finally, my brain visualized Jimin screaming kookie.

Kookie.

"This way nobody would know, and also this way, he will always remain my kookie," I thought to myself.

Jungkook's apartment building is at a distance of five minutes from the bus stop. I walked slowly, feeling the warm sunlight on my body along with the cold breeze on my face- sweet and sour at the same time.

Some moments in your life are like that, it's kind of sour, but it is nullified by the effect of sweetness and you want to feel more of that. So, you just allow both of the things to embrace you, sweetness spreads its arms around you, whereas the sourness clenches you, and chokes you. So, you let them both go away. One thing leaves taking many with it. That's it. Success never comes alone, it comes with struggle. And if you fail to the coup, you lose both.