Chapter 18 | Free

I am waiting for Jungkook. The speakers are too loud backstage. My ears are almost numb to the outraging voices of the crowd. Namjoon is using his mobile phone, while Jimin's head rests on his shoulder, eyes closed and mouth open, lightly snoring.

Boys can sleep anywhere, anytime, literally!

"Wake up Jimin! Jungkook will be here anytime now."

Namjoon is barely audible to me, and so is to Jimin. He's still snoring. Namjoon suddenly stands up, making Jimin's head fall on the sofa abruptly.

"woaaaaaahhhhh," Jimin yells.

I stand up as well, holding my tools and loads of tissue papers.

Sweat.

Jimin is still coming to life when the door suddenly thuds open. Jungkook is behind Hobi, rushing into the room and dropping on the chair lifeless.

Aww, my poor Jaykay!

He is breathing heavily, without any movements. It worries me seeing him like that.

"Are you okay?" I say lightly, as the noise has gradually reduced.

He doesn't reply.

"Namjoon, why is he not responding?" I ask in panic.

"Don't worry, you just fix his makeup. He will wake up when it's time to go. We have ten minutes," says Namjoon looking onto his wristwatch.

I gently press the tissue against Jungkook's forehead, wiping it along his cheeks and chin.

He really sweats a lot!

Namjoon whispers something to the other boys, pointing to his tablet. The boys kept talking and left the room. We are alone again.

As my hand, holding the tissue, moved towards his jawline, Jungkook suddenly woke up and takes off his jacket, and then,

His shirt.

He doesn't even hesitate a little and goes back to his state of sleeping.

Now, Jungkook lays with a naked torso, eyes closed and hands hanging from the chair's arms. My body was frozen.

His body.

I wanted to scream.

These abs that he rarely showed just in instances, as the internet also fails to stop that moment, and all we could do was to imagine. His chest is clean and white, carved by his six abs. He is sweating all over his body. Drips of sweat linger here and there making their way through his abs.

Should I wipe them?

I gently pressed another piece of tissue on his bottom trunk, wiping the sweat. My hand moves from his bottom trunk to his chest. Just this thin tissue layer stands like a block between my hands touching his skin. His breathing is calm now, and his mouth is open as if he is sleeping.

Suddenly, a thought strikes me. He never asked me to do that, neither should it be done. I don't remember our trainer telling us that wiping sweat was our job too. I instantly stopped tapping the tissue on his body and moved to redo his face. He is still and doesn't move at all.

He has fallen asleep, surely!

Thank God!

What have you been doing?

I hit myself with my fist on my head. If I would have been caught doing that, God knows Jungkook would instantly fire me. I have made this relationship of trust after so much struggle.