Chapter 81 | Irrevocable

Still gripping my hand, Jungkook walks me outside. He keeps on walking till the last room of the corridor. It's a meeting room. We mostly had our meetings with Miss Ombre over there. He barged inside with his foot hitting the door. Two female interns were chatting inside, as their green ribbon denoted, who were stunned to see Jungkook. Their mouths open wide when they notice our clenched hands.

"Leave." Jungkook almost whispers, barely audible to me even and the girls don't move from their seats. "I said leave!" The girls startled by his sudden shriek get up and leaves the room instantly. As soon as the door closed, Jungkook let go of my hand.

"What did you say?" he says, without turning back. I was confused by his question but still managed to reply to him. He is hating seeing me standing silent right now.

"I am going back to America," I speak out and he nods his head.

"For how long?"

"I won't come back." And then, he looks back at me. His hands are folded into fists and he is nodding, with half of his lip gripped by his teeth, eyes closed tightly.

"Did you bother to ask me?"

"Wh...What? Why would I?" I replied to his question. His gaze is getting darker, he is on the verge of his anger right now, but he is holding upright. He suddenly steps forward, and I instantly take a step back. As his feet approached mine, I knew he was going to block me with the wall. So, I stopped right there, but he almost stepped on me. My hand moved to sit against his chest, just to stop him.

"Don't."

He is so close to me, that I could feel his breath on my face. He is wearing the same scent I stole from him, tranquilizing my mind yet setting it on fire, all at once. I felt his body after so long, my hand moved along his heaving chest. And right when I was about to remove it, he held my hand and forcefully kept it there.

"You hear this?" It seems like nostalgia, but I don't reply to him. "Please Hana, for fuck sake, talk."

"I- I don't-"

"Look at me." I wanted to run away. I don't want to look at his face, it's my biggest weakness. But, his finger is already under my chin and he lifts it. I looked up into his watery eyes, his lips parted.

"You hate me this much?"

"I don't hate you, Jungkook."

"Then? What is all this?"

"I...I think this is the best for me, for us, for everyone." He looks up and sighs, licking his lips.

"How can I trust your thinking? What if it's not?"

"It will be."

"Hana..." he steps even closer, our bodies touching each other's, along with our foreheads. "No. It's not going to be. There's nothing right when you are away from me."

It felt weird standing this close to him after months. But, if he thinks he's going to convince me like that, I came prepared. I step back to make a fair distance between us.

"Jungkook, I am not rethinking-"

I haven't even finished it when he grabs me by my waist and almost picks me up to make me stand against the wall. He blocks one of my sides with his palm against the wall.

"Jungkook, please-"

"You know what? You should not talk now, because you did enough." I looked up at him, as his tone was surprisingly furious now. "Where do we stand right now?"

"What do you mean?"

"We love each other. And I know, you know that too."

"No."