Chapter 27 | Eavesdrop

As the long discussion about Jungkook's upcoming events continued, the boys looked exhausted. One by one they left their seats to leave.

Yoongi acted as their drop service driver. As he walked to the door, rolling the car keys around his finger, all of the boys except Namjoon and Jungkook started shouting.

"Wait!" screamed Jin, running out of the kitchen in his apron. The voice was followed by all the other boys as they came running, leaving everything behind.

Yoongi pretends not to hear anyone and gushes out of the door, leaving the door unclosed.

"See you!" waves Jimin, Taehyung, and Hobi, who make a train and leave the apartment.

"Yoongi has bound the elevator Jin! Where are you?" shouts Hobi towards the kitchen. Jin, who ran back, now comes again with his apron off. Without even greeting, he disappears out of the door.

********

"I'll meet you on my way back," I said to Miss Ombre who kept on insisting to come over.

Jungkook and Namjoon starred as I talked to her, which felt very weird.

"Guys, I need to leave now," I exclaimed, sliding my phone in my handbag.

"Sure. Jungkook will-"

"No. I will go by myself. Miss Ombre will tell me where she wants to meet, so I'll manage," I said, cutting off Namjoon.

"You sure?" asks Jungkook, lifting his face to see me standing. I nodded.

"Namjoon, can you fix the window in my room?" asked Jungkook, as I opened the door to leave.

The last sight I saw was of the boys standing. I hid my hands in my coat's pocket. It was really cold around this time in Korea, though it has been years since I felt Korea's winter. My hand, under the pocket, felt a round object.

"Oh! Jungkook's ring!"

I took the ring out of my pocket. The ring was silver-plated, with an intricate design over it, inked in black. At the center, lie two initials.

O.K

When Jungkook dropped it yesterday while changing, I picked it up and examined it with curiosity. OK? Is it okay ok? Or what different abbreviations can it have? I searched down the web, but nothing else than its literal English meaning, okay. I ran back to the door.

As my hands moved to ring the bell, I thought to just go and put this ring somewhere, without them knowing. This ring definitely has a meaning, though Jungkook never wears this in public makes it even more personal. My hands went to the keypad and I typed the code as Yoongi did. It didn't feel wrong at that time; little did I know it was the worst thing I did.

As the door clicked open, the lounge was empty. I placed the ring on the table and walked back to leave, but something caught my attention. Namjoon and Jungkook's voices were loud and shrieking, invading the closed door of the bedroom.

Are they fighting?

I stepped closer.

NO! Just leave. You shouldn't.

I stepped back and turned to leave until I heard my name.

As I stopped, the voices stopped too.

Are they talking about me?

I step towards the bedroom door again, realizing that both of them are still talking, but slowly now. I kept my ear against the door.

"But no! You shouldn't have done that!" says Jungkook.