Chapter 22 | Mistake

"He isn't picking up," I said to Jungkook, while we walked through the jet bridge.

The flight was quite short and Jungkook slept as soon as he sat. He has been practicing tirelessly for days. I kept awake and watched a sitcom to keep myself engaged.

Though I already dropped Namjoon a text that we are taking off, he hasn't replied to it.

As we moved down the bridge, I was worried about Jungkook. Though he can take care of himself, Hobi gave me the responsibility too. Jungkook wore all black, with a mask on. If I were standing in the airport now, it wouldn't even take another second for me to recognize him. As the bridge opened to a huge hallway, Jungkook kept on walking with his head down. We were okay so far.

I kept calling Namjoon, he isn't picking up. Then I dial every one of them, nobody responds. It kind of worries me.

Hush off, satan!

We had no luggage; just my hand carrying my items. As we entered another hall, people started staring.

No. No. No.

At one moment, I realized what mistake we made. No security, no bodyguard.

BAD. BAD. BAD.

My legs were already trembling, when I heard a group of girls shouting behind us. My mind froze.

What should we do?

Jungkook eyed me as well. He also knew what we had done. As the shouts and running steps neared us, I had no other way, but to drag Jungkook on a side in a thin corridor having a single closed door with a blind end. Hitting Jungkook against the wall lightly, I instantly took my p-cap out of my bag and put it hurriedly on Jungkook's head, standing on my toes. He just stood still and stared at me.

The feet are approaching us. I don't know what to do. My mind is dysfunctional.

That's when Jungkook makes a move. He takes off his mask from one side; the mask now hangs on his other ear, hiding his face from the front. He holds my shoulders and turns me around, aggressively. Now I stood against the wall and Jungkook's body was pressed to mine. He stared at me and brought his face closer to mine, leaving just a few centimeters in between.

I am confused.

What the hell is he doing?

As soon as the girls appeared in front of the corridor, Jungkook's arm wraps around my waist and pushed me towards him, blocking a bit of the air passage between our bodies. His other hand shoves off the lying hair strands on my shoulder and his lips touch the side of my neck making me startled with the cold touch. The girls were standing in front of us now, crazily screaming and dancing. Jungkook's lips now slowly move up to my ear, blessing my skin with his breath. I suddenly made a move, pressing my hands against his shoulders. He instantly grabs my hands, and tangles his leg with mine, making me immovable with his weight on me.

"Stay like this," he whispers in my ear, brushing his lips to my cheek now.

The girls standing were awkward now. Their vibe suddenly died. Of course, these 12-years old girls were seeing a couple almost making out, even though we weren't. But the girls didn't move.

What if they still think it's Jungkook? And if they think that, Jungkook has done something terribly wrong.

"This won't be enough," I whispered to him.

Jungkook stared at me, his face hidden behind the hanging mask.

"Back off and trust me."

He instantly untangles his leg with mine, and turns to the opposite side, revealing me from his weight.