Chapter 48 | Euphoria

"You will just stay quiet," I announced in the elevator.

"Why are you worrying so much?" he asks.

"It's just. I don't know. I am too nervous to accept that in front of them."

He lets out a giggle, pressing his hand against his mouth, trying to muffle it. I hit his stomach with my elbow, making him laugh in pain now.

The elevator suddenly opens and we walk to his apartment, my half-naked legs cold from my anxiety. He types the password but stops at the last digit.

"What?" I ask.

He suddenly grabbed my hand tight and intertwined our fingers, as if he would break it with his pressure. His eyes were strange but mischievous.

"Plot twist," he whispers in my ear. "No," I whisper back, but it's too late, Jungkook is already inside the apartment. I keep my eyes fixed on the ground, knowing that I have no time to argue with him or even the strength to let go of my hand from his grip. The apartment opens to the usual sunny bright light from the huge lounge windows. My eyes are still fixed on the camel-colored carpet when Jungkook stops and doesn't step further. My eyes follow the hallway, finally reaching the sight of everyone's shoes in the line. My eyes go up to their body- everybody is dressed casually in their pajamas and sweatshirts. Their hands are wrapped around their chests and they all are staring at us, even Jin.

"What?" I ask in a low voice that was probably only audible to Jungkook. I started from the left, eyeing everyone's dark gaze on us; mostly on me. Suddenly, Jimin's eyes fall on our clenched hands and his mouth drops open, along with his widening round eyes. He puts his hand on his mouth and points to our hands, looking at the other boys. I struggle to get my hand off, but Jungkook doesn't loosen it a bit.

What is actually wrong with everyone?

I see Jin who is as serious as a pebble that isn't suiting him at all. I try to inquire about him by making weird facial expressions, but he just stares blankly as if I am speaking a foreign language he doesn't understand. Finally, Namjoon steps forward and all of the boys unbind their hands as if everything is planned.

"We need to talk." Namjoon's cold words made me nervous. Why is he so serious and why is he so serious? His dead stare is killing me. Jungkook instantly leaves my hand, making it fall against my thigh. I stared at him in surprise.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked Namjoon.

"Follow me." He walks past both of us, while the boys stand in place. I follow him, but Jungkook stands still in his place. "Come!" I yell.

"No, just you, Hana," says Namjoon, who has already opened Jungkook's bedroom door.

The awkward and silent atmosphere is making me even more anxious now. Overall, Namjoon is making me even afraid. What wrong have I done?

But without any questions, I walk to the bedroom.

"You first," Namjoon's sudden smile made me very suspicious.

I smile back and walk inside.

"Is everything alright-" but before I could complete the sentence, Namjoon had already closed the door; not from inside, but outside. I stood frozen wondering what he was even doing.

"Namjoon?" I shout but receive no response.

I hope they are not beating Jungkook.

I walk to the door and turn the knob, but it's locked. I tap my fist against the door, loudly.

"Jungkook?"

The little silent seconds were killing me. What is even happening? Are they kidnapping me? But why would they? Stupid.