04: him again

week later

here i was, crying silently to myself in my bed after getting into an argument with my mom.

school was starting again soon and i just got my uniform, it was new for me so i immediately tried it on. well not really new, but i was still excited about it.

a few hours prior, i asked, "hey mom, do i look good?" while holding my skirt and spinning in circles.

my mom didn't even look, "mhm, you must take it off right after or you'll get it dirty." she warned me.

just once, i wish she'd genuinely pay attention to me.

"yeah yeah, i will. don't worry."

of course I didn't listen, i spent the day in my uniform (minus the blazer) while i danced to the music being played on the radio.

i was too lost in the moment, i'm in high school yet i act like a child sometimes. i was sweating without realizing and then my mother suddenly called me for dinner.

so i stopped dancing and ran to the table, my dad was waiting there as well, he looked like a ghost. like he's been in this house for 100 years and hasn't spoken a word.

i ate my food hungrily like i was starving.

"i told you to take your uniform off-"

before my mom could finish, the tteokbokki sauce dripped onto my white shirt and tie, travelling down to my skirt while i was about to take a bite. I usually eat over the bowl but i guess i leaned back when my mom was talking.

"oh no." i muttered

"hisa! I told you to take it off earlier, now look at you! you've gotten it dirty and school starts tomorrow!" she scolded me, pointing a finger in my face.

"I-i'm sorry."

"learn to listen, you're not four anymore." she rested her hand on her hip while the other went up to her face to contain her frustration.

i sat still, feeling bad for being so stubborn.

"go." she demanded, "you clean your clothes right now, i'll give you coins."

"what? it's late though!"

"go." she said sternly.

i surrendered and stood up, we didn't have another uniform since the other one that we received was two sizes too big, so we had to return it and get another one the next day.

honestly, i wouldn't mind wearing a larger uniform.

while i was walking to my room, my eyes watered and i loosened my tie. i guess it was because she hasn't scolded me in a while.

but for some reason, i started to smile.

at the fact that she also hasn't really spoken or payed attention to me in a while, because of work and responsibilities...

on my bed, i laid there for 5 minutes to calm down before i took off my clothes and switched to proper ones for outdoors.

i picked up my laundry bag and went back out to where my mom was, she handed me coins and i left the house.

i wiped the remained tear off my face and made my way to the laundromat, again.

right now, i had forgotten about laundry boy. It was best that way, because it's not like i'll see him again.

that's what i thought, because as i was sniffling and opening the door with an attitude. i saw him, he was pouring in his detergent.

it was lavender detergent.