20: she's mine

these little promises were made.

promising to hold them dearly without knowing what's to come for them.

but some promises can't be held no matter what.

some promises, are meant to be broken.

she told him to meet aeri at the school yard at lunch. she must've backed out last minute into telling him that she knew about his heart condition.

the next day, she told aeri that he'll be waiting for her there too.

for lunch, she decided to explore the school. it was her first year in the main building so she wanted to see the coolest spots.

as she roamed the hallways, she spotted a familiar figure. making eye contact with him, she mumbled "oh no." before swiftly turning back around.

too late, he saw her.

"hey!" he sped up to her, "i've been looking for you! don't tell me you forgot our deal." he put a finger in her face while sneering.

"um, it wasn't a deal. you said i have to buy you it as an apology." she shot back, "and i don't need to apologize."

he put a hand to his chest, offended, "i could've bumped into you but i hurt myself instead." niki said, glaring.

"exactly! you could've bumped into me. that's so dangerous, you should be apologizing to me!"

he was getting impatient, "unbelievable."

"okay fine i'll buy you lunch." she surrendered, not wanting to continue this childish quarrel.

the boy was happy, like a little kid.

once she bought him his lunch, he asked if she wanted to hangout with him. she nodded in agreement.

completely forgetting about jungwon's words the other day.

he led her to the rooftop and the doors opened, wind brushed through every strand of her hair. immediately, her eyes were filled with admiration.

"wow! it's so nice here. i wish i knew how to get here sooner." she said.

he chuckled, "it's not all that."

you wouldn't understand.

they took a seat on the bench near a wall, she watched him eat and enjoy his lunch.

of course, it wasn't that amusing to watch. she'd rather watch jungwon eat and see all the emotions in his face as he takes bites, the way his eyes sparkle whenever his tastebuds get pleased.

she sighed, "what class are you in?" she asked to break the awkwardness.

"3-2" he replied, meaning class 2 on the third floor.

she just said "oh" before looking in the distance. the sky was nice.

"what's your name?" he asked.

"not telling." she smirked before jumping up and walking slowly to look down at the students playing in the yard.

he quickly finished his food, he was getting intrigued by her. he found himself interested for whatever reason.

she was a bit different... she didn't seem like she'd fit in with the small groups of girls in the halls that gossiped all day.

she was more carefree.

she was looking down curiously wondering if she could spot jungwon and aeri, but no hope.

before niki could get to her, the doors from behind pushed open. he turned around and saw a familiar face.

"oh, it's yang!" niki pointed with a bright smile.