39: journal

"here's your room, jungwon." the nurse said whilst opening the door.

she continued, "let me know if you need anything."

jungwon nodded, hesitantly taking a step into his room. he looked back and saw his father with crossed arms.

his dad gave him a reassuring nod, jungwon just looked away and went inside.

there were things that were already in here. some of his belongings and such.

he still wondered, why?

everything seems too calm.

didn't his father say that he was going to "die" a few days ago?

isn't everyone acting too calm for a... dying person?

maybe not. because dr. seong did say that if he went to the hospital, then he'd live.

after a few minutes of staring at his empty hospital bed in a dark room, people came in.

he turned around in hopes that it was hisano.

as if.

there were doctors and nurses holding patient uniforms that were folded.

"you'll need to change into these, we'll be running a few tests. okay?" one of the lady's said, handing him the clothes.

he just nodded and went to his personal bathroom. he changed into them slowly before exiting.

the nurse looked at him then at his neck.

"it'd be great if you took that off-"

"no." jungwon replied with no hesitation, holding the necklace as if he was protecting it.

the nurse just nodded silently, not wanting to argue, and guided him to a different room.

they did 'tests' that jungwon could care less about. he didn't want to ask, that would just make time go by slowly.

well, in his opinion.

soon enough, his first day was coming to an end. he was now laying on his bed, spinning his hospital band around his wrist continuously before he got bored.

even with the lights on, it was dim. maybe because it was only the bathroom light that was on.

he laid down flatly with no blanket over him. the scent of the hospital was weird, something he wasn't used to.

suddenly, something came up into his mind.

the journal.

he sat up from his bed and stepped onto the cold floor. he had no slippers or shoes on since they made him take it off for whatever reason.

he walked towards the bathroom where he last left his clothes before changing.

his clothes weren't on the sink counter where he left them.

looking desperately in every corner of the bathroom, there was no use because they disappeared.

he then ran out back into the room and searched everywhere, even bending down and checking under his bed.

that was, until a young nurse walked into the room without knocking, she had a tray in her hands with water and food.

jungwon looked at her then furrowed his eyebrows angrily, "where are my clothes?" he asked.

"uhm.. we gave them to your father because you wont need it anymore." she replied.

he stood up straight and glared at her, "no. give it back."