31: bubbles

hisano could tell it was morning because when her senses finally started to wake up, she could hear the sounds of birds chirping and the sound of the curtains flowing from the outdoor breeze.

she slowly opened her eyes, it was a bit hot. the room was bright from the sun seeping through the blinds, all the lights were still off as well.

she was kind of sweating. more than usual even though she didn't have blankets over her. she looked down at her chest and saw jungwon's head rested on her body.

his eyes were slightly opened, he still looked like he just woke up but he definitely had been awake longer than her.

if he was awake, he should've gotten up wake hisano, but no, he just stayed in his spot and laid there.

his arm was still wrapped around her like a baby. his cheeks looked so soft, she found herself moving her hand slowly to touch it.

she felt how soft it was, her touch was gentle. something she noticed was that his cheeks were softer in the morning.

then, she poked it continuously and he furrowed his eyebrows, clearly annoyed.

"why are you so weird?" he asked, tilting his head up to look at her. his expression suddenly softened the second he laid his eyes on her.

the girl just giggled, "why are you still hugging me? how long have you been awake?" she smiled warmly.

he looked back down and nuzzled his head on her body comfortably, "hisano." he said.

she hummed in response.

"it's been so long... since i slept like this." he told her.

"what do you mean?" she asked.

whenever he talked, she could feel his jaw moving every time. she tried her best to contain her laugh since it tickled.

"i just haven't slept this good in a long time." he confessed. his face was stuffed against her shirt, causing his words to come out muffled.

his words were spoken so casually but she found herself smiling at everything he said.

the process of building bonds with someone was so beautiful. she realized that now.

she wouldn't have known if she hadn't met laundry boy.

because all the people she was close to, were there since birth.

but laundry boy was a stranger.

just another human on this planet that she happened to learn to love.

he finally got off her and laid on his side of the bed with his arms and legs spread out. she laid down like a pencil, her hands rested on top of her stomach.

he breathed in and out before he started a staring contest with the ceiling.

"i'm happy." he muttered.

she looked at him and waited for him to talk again.

"if it's like this, you know... when we get married. then i want to get married soon." he said.

hisano's eyes widened, he really was committed to that promise...

his head turned to her, causing a piece of hair to topple over his face, "you and i don't have phones, right?" he asked.

she shook her head, "i do, but i don't use it much. why?"

"nothing, that's good." he smiled, "it feels like it's just us, ya know?"

she chuckled, "that's a good thing?"

"yeah!" he argued, looking back at the ceiling, "what if we were the sheep? what if the brown sheep had no family to go home to, and the white sheep never met his family as well?"