38: wishing & missing

"here!" she handed him the purple one, "i made it quickly last night. i'm sorry, it's not very pretty." she sighed.

"it's nice." he replied, taking the necklace.

then, he gave it back to her, making her confused.

"w-what..? you don't want it?" she asked nervously.

he shook his head, "nooo. i just want you to put it on me."

"o-oh." she blushed, "right."

she took the necklace and dragged him to the counter so she could sit on it while she put it around his neck from behind. she stared at his nape accidentally, she noticed how good he smelt from here.

everyone had their own certain scent. his was nice, and she hadn't realized that she got used to it the more she spent time with him.

they say, the nose is the sense with the most memory.

once she clipped it on, he was confused as to why she was taking so long.

that was until he felt her hands move up his shoulders, then her arms wrapped around him. she hugged him gently and rested her chin on one of his shoulders.

he looked down, flustered. he was happy, but also sad.

knowing that they will part soon for a bit.

"hisano." he quickly turned around and looked at her.

her eyes widened out of surprise, "yeah..?"

his eyes averted down to the floor again.

"... will you wait till next time?"

she raised a brow, "what do you mean?"

"like, the next time we hang out again."

she quietly snickered at his randomness, "sure thing. i always wait for you, dummy."

she didn't quite understand why she had to wait though. i mean, what did he mean by that?

she still had her necklace in her hand, he opened her hand and took the necklace.

he lifted her off the counter and turned her around, putting the necklace on her as well.

he moved her hair and then clipped it on.

then, he looked back at the washing machine that hadn't started.

walking towards it, he took out the two pieces of clothing and folded them before handing it to her.

"i'm sorry, i was going to wash it and then give it to you, but i totally forgot my money."

she laughed at him, "when will you learn?" she took the clothes and smiled, "let's hang out today."

jungwon looked down sadly, "sorry. maybe next time, okay?" he muttered hesitantly, "i have things to do today..."

she raised her brow suspiciously, "like what..?" she asked.

"um, medical things. and things to sort out with my... dad." he said, still uncomfortable saying 'dad'.

"oh, okay. maybe another day then!" she smiled innocently.

he was debating on giving her the journal today, but since she didn't ask for it, then maybe it's alright to keep it for a bit.

he'll be in the hospital for a bit. he could write things on the journal while he's there.

she began walking towards the door, "alright, i'll see ya." she waved.

this scene felt familiar.

like the time he had to hold her back because she left so easily.

she's always leaving so easily.

even though he though he didn't want her to worry about him, maybe it was the opposite.

but then again, he remembered what she said that day.

when he asked, "how do you know there will be a next time?"

she replied with, "i dont, i'm just hoping."

that's it, she trusted hope.

so will he.

hope will always bring him their 'next times'

once she left, he dropped down into a position that was in between sitting and crouching.

his hand was brought up to cover his eyes.

he sighed heavily, regretting the fact that he didn't tell her that he won't see her after a while.

his hand travelled down to his neck, he played with his new necklace and felt the two beads on it.

he looked down and saw that they had letters on it.

h and y

a chuckled escaped his mouth before he stood up, "not my initials, but yours..?" he asked as if he was talking to her.

"you're so weird." he smiled.

it'll only be for a little while.

a little while, and then he'll see her again.

no big deal.

nothing to worry about.

it'd just be a bit better if time could pass quicker now.

from here, he'll be waiting for the future to come,

not knowing he'd be longing for the past.

jungwon my beloved

jungwon my beloved