46: you

- hisano

in his handwriting... his most recent request, was me?

i couldn't understand it.

what did that mean?

i had to fulfill it, right?

i felt teary eyed again, but i had to hold them in. i didn't want to show up later and see laundry boy with such a sad face.

my sleeves soaked my tears that hadn't fallen yet, that's when i heard the doors from behind open.

i turn around swiftly and my eyes quickly widen when i see heeseung, head lowered with his hands in his pockets.

"how'd you know i was here..?" i asked, startled as i took a step back. the back of my leg hits the railing behind me as i couldn't back up anymore.

he didn't say anything, he just lifted his hand and slowly waved it as if he was motioning me to come over.

i close the journal and hide it in my pocket before walking over to him. my hands start to sweat anxiously.

are we finally going to see him?

when i got close enough, i saw a tear drop fall to the floor, marking the pavement with small dots.

i began to grow worried, "what's wrong?!" i hold his arm, hoping nothing bad has happened.

"he's not here anymore."

my heart dropped, and i took a small step back in shock.

"what are you... sayin-"

my knees grew weak. i didn't know why.

i disliked everything i was hearing.

he, who's he?

it can't possibly be him, right?

next thing i knew, i dropped down and fell on my knees. i brought my hands up to my face, letting go of jungwon's clothes.

why do things happen so suddenly? why was he leaving so soon?

i sobbed loudly, but the whole scene was mute. i could even hear ringing in my ears, i thought i was losing it.

maybe i was losing it.

never in my life have i cried this much, until i met you.

no

until i lost you.

~~

this continued until i realized that i might've been jumping into conclusions.

my hand raised to tug on heeseung's shirt, i didn't look up at him though, i couldn't.

"what do you mean, gone?" i asked with a little bit of hope.

gone as in, he left the hospital?

i'd be fine... with that answer.

i wouldn't mind, as long as he's okay.

maybe then, i'll still have time to save him.

but please don't tell me he's gone forever.

"please don't tell me-"

"hisano." he said, putting his hand on my head, "he's nearly dying. he's been, nearly dying."

"i know that." i admitted, my voice breaking in between. "i just need to know if he's alive."

"that's all they told me, hisano. they wont tell me anything else since we're not his family. he doesn't even have a donor."

donor?