32: shower

he ran towards her and crouched beside the cat. the two cats popped each bubble together.

"hey." hisano paused, putting her hands on her hips as she came to a realization.

jungwon just waited for her to speak, and so did the cat.

she looked at jungwon, then the cat.

"you two look alike." she said, earning a laugh from jungwon.

"what are you talking about? hurry, blow the bubbles already." he nagged.

she analyzed them once more until he lost his patience, charging at her for the bubbles.

he held onto her and tried grabbing them from behind, "ah! let go of me, you weirdo!" she laughed, holding the bubbles up high.

the cat ran around the two until jungwon finally got the bubbles, the defeated girl collapsed on the grass dramatically and laid there, annoyed.

"come here kitty." jungwon said, going to a different area and blowing the bubbles without hisano.

she sat up and watched the two. out of jealousy, she rolled her eyes and stood up. he took a quick glance at her to see if she was coming but instead, she went to the greenhouse.

"hi pa." she waved, brushing her hair back.

"hello hisano." he smiled, "tired already?"

she shook her head, "no. jungwon's just an idiot." she scoffed.

he chuckled and pointed at a small pot, "he planted this one over here. it's a cactus."

"he has a thing for cactuses." she smiled softly, looking at jungwon from afar.

actually, he seemed like he was innocently playing with the cat.

but he was actually having a secret conversation about hisano.

"are you a girl, or a boy?" jungwon asked, lifting the cat up to check.

"a boy!" he said happily.

he tilted his head and placed the cat down.

"i have a secret." jungwon whispered, "hisano doesn't know, so don't tell her."

he placed a hand on his chest, "i have a heart condition." he sighed, saying those words hurt him even more, "i'm pretty sure i'm supposed to be seeing dr. seong today."

"but i don't want to. i want to spend the rest of my day here."

the cat went closer and started tugging at jungwon's long shorts, he sat down, crisscrossed so that the cat could cuddle him.

he pet the cat gently, "i wonder how she'd react if she found out... it's scary." he muttered.

"maybe it's best not to tell her."

"i don't want us to have anymore worries."

the cat purred, it sounded more like a whine. jungwon stroked the cat to calm him down.

"i won't tell her, don't worry."

he must've misunderstood what the cat was trying to tell him...

~~

"we're all dirty." hisano groaned, patting the dirt away aggressively from her clothes.

jungwon blinked at her as they went back into the house, he was just listening to her ongoing complaints. she then stood straight as if she thought of something.

"i'll be right back!" she grinned mischievously, running to the guest bedroom.

she rummaged through her school uniform, digging into her skirt pocket to find the journal.