09: another universe

-

they had soup, different types of soup. beef bone soup, chicken soup and short rib soup.

the girl stared at him admiring his reactions to the good tasting soup, whatever expression he made, she was satisfied.

"why do you keep staring?" he asked while blowing his spoon full of soup.

"because you're cute." she said honestly.

not long after that, he burnt his tongue from thinking too much about her words and not paying attention to his food.

"be careful." she told him.

he complied, slowing down and eating his soup peacefully.

she decided to speak again, "i want to have all my first's and last's with you." hisano uttered out of nowhere.

this time, he choked and his face got red. "w-what??"

she smiled, "yup." her lips popped at the 'p'.

whatever jungwon was thinking, wasn't necessarily what she meant. she hasn't interacted with enough people to know what sounds weird and what doesn't.

but it's good, there's nothing to be embarrassed about.

he just nodded and replied with "okay" shyly.

jungwon felt bad for wanting this so badly, he wanted to get close to her as much as she did.

he felt bad for wanting to live happily.

once they finished, they got back and took out their clothes, putting it in there own laundry bags.

they got to the door, the walk back from the restaurant was cold which would explain why their cheeks were rosy and why their lips were pinker than usual.

"i'll see you next time!" hisano smiled.

he raised a brow, "how do you know there will be a next time?"

"i don't. i'm just hoping." she shrugged.

and as she was turning around, ready to leave him again, jungwon pulled her back by the waist and hugged her from behind.

he smelt the refreshing lavender shampoo from her soft hair, he just stuffed his face onto the hair that sat on her shoulder.

"you're always ready to leave so easily." he muttered. he wondered why she didn't stay longer, or why she didn't have any difficulty leaving.

well, they were strangers after all.

her eyes widened from the skin ship. laundry boy confused her so much.

during the past week, he thought about hisano. he wondered and considered getting close to her.

he felt like he had this never ending dilemma going on and that he was told there was a limit in deciding.

the decision whether to just give in and tell her the things he's been keeping inside for so long, to give in and let himself become her friend. to become close with her, or...

to never speak to her again, to pay absolute no attention to her like he did with everyone else. why was it so impossible to decide when it came to her?

for fuck's sake, she was just a random girl doing her laundry.

"in another universe, i'd be your friend in an instant." he told her. if his life was different, he would.

she blushed at his comment and held the hands that wrapped around her stomach before breaking the hug and looking at him.

she tried to hold in her slight pout, "it doesn't matter if another me in another universe is going to be happy right now, she's probably going to enjoy herself while being friends with you, huh?" she wondered.

jungwon didn't know where she was going at with this.

"but what about me? what about the me in this universe?" she asked, "i don't want to be friends with you in another universe, i want to be friends with you in this one." she sighed while looking down.

i'm selfish, i know.

maybe things don't work like that, but still. she thought.

he stared at her with wide eyes before looking down as well, he thought about her words.

"i'll ask you this," she said, "will you regret it if we never become friends?" she asked.

and then she turned around to take her leave, she threw the laundry bag over her shoulder, "i'll see you." she smiled farewell.

he stood there thinking deeply about her words.

i think i've figured it out.

when i was writing catfish i neverrlly wondered if u guys were enjoying or not

rlly wondered if u guys were enjoying or not

that was bc i just wanted to write
a ff badly and i didn't care if i
got readers or not

but nowadays the reader's are all i can think
of when writing lmaooo

bc i have readers, i constantly try and make
sure my writing is up to your standards TT

but i'll write bc i want to
from now on...

if theres stuff that's not to ur
liking, u can leave. n just a warning
for the next few chapters, theres
mentions of death n allat so pls prepare
urselves or leave

love u guys. stay safe n take care

-korpio