35: warmth

"it's fine. i've already decided that i won't let you go."

as she heard that, she lifted his head up to face him by putting her hands on his cheeks.

her thumb wiped away his tears.

he spoke again, "even though i still don't really get what it means..."

her slim fingers made its way to his ear, playing gently with his earlobe before feeling the softness of his hair.

his eyes went tired the more he stared closely at every feature. her eyelashes were long, and her skin looked soft. but out of all her facial features, he noticed her eyes the most.

"i'll keep you by my side, even if it hurts." he muttered tiredly, leaning his face closer.

now, he was staring at her lips.

the way the gap between them began to close was when she slowly shut her eyes.

she didn't feel anything on her lips. she still smelt his scent though.

then, her shoulder felt heavy. she opened her eyes and saw his face buried in the crook of her neck.

it was a bit surprising because she thought he was going to kiss her, but maybe this was more necessary.

he spoke with a muffled voice, "i had an appointment that i was supposed to go to."

"eh??" she freaked, attempting to get him off her so that she could scold him.

but instead, he moved his hands around her waist and snaked it's way to her back, hugging tighter.

she winced from his touch, "jungwon. stop it." she said.

"stop what?" he asked, playing with his hands as it roamed around her body while hugging her.

he was being a bit weird now, she was really confused.

they were still in front of the empty laundromat. the lights in there were the brightest.

if anyone were walking by, they'd definitely see them.

his hand kept playing with her shirt. all of a sudden, she felt the cold breeze hit her back, causing her eyes to widen.

then, she felt his hand touch her skin.

"j-jungwon!" she tried to push him.

it was like he was drunk. or insane.

"hisano, it doesn't matter anymore." he sniffled.

she just let him continue hugging her the moment she heard his sniffles.

"i don't care about doctor's, hospitals, medicine. none of that helps me... none of it helps like you do." he said, feeling the warmth of her body.

she just sighed frustratedly and hugged him tightly as well. she didn't want to cry, of course she didn't want to.

because that would break her promise.

"jungwon, it's not the same"

"tell me." he ignored her, "why does my entire being crumble just by a single smile of yours?" he asked.

continuing, he couldn't stop soaking her shirt with tears, "even if my hearts hurting, i can't feel the pain because you're with me, hisano."

"i'm feeling things i haven't felt before. when you smile at me, my heart pounds like crazy, but it feels good. right then and there, i'm ready to spend the rest of my time with you." he says, "no hesitation."

he pulled away and saw her face. the urge to kiss her was taking over, and so, he leaned closer.

but he stopped before their lips could touch.

she opened her eyes and noticed another tear fall from his eye. she didn't know what to do.

he wasn't going to kiss her anytime soon.

maybe he was waiting for her to do it instead.

but she didn't know that. she couldn't read his mind. so she grabbed his hand and said, "we're going to the doctor. who was your doctor again?" she asked.

this wasn't what he wanted. she probably knew that, but there were some things she couldn't do.

if she was his medicine, the cure for his heart. then without a doubt she'd continue spending time with him.

but that's not realistic. it may feel like it to him, but at the end of the day, he still has a heart condition.

he gave up.

"doctor seong." he replied, "sejong clinic."

she nodded and dragged him there. he just let her while continuously looking at their hands that were linked together.

he just realized, that no matter how good you are in this world, you still don't get everything you want.

everyone's always saying, 'theres always something good coming your way' when a negative occurrence happens...

but it's the same thing the other way around.

theres always something negative following after the good.

when people meet, they'll eventually part.

he just now accepted it.

or he thought he accepted it.

"we're here." hisano said, still holding his hand. she let go and walked to the door.

jungwon was thinking negatively once again.

she let go.

he was debating if he should run away and escape like he always did.

but when he began turning around, he heard her call out to him.

"laundry boy." she said.

thats right.

when he was turned around like this, he couldn't see hisano. running away and escaping meant no hisano.

so he turned back around to her direction.

and there she was, tilting her head and persuading him to come with a smile.

the length of her hair was so beautiful. it was special, because he cut it.

it looked so pretty when the wind blew through every strand.

"come on." she said, smiling innocently. she had no idea he was having second thoughts. it's not like he'd suddenly run away... right?

and as expected, he took a step, and then another. he walked towards her until they were side by side, ready to go inside together.

if hisano's here. then there's no reason to run away.

as long as she's here. he won't ever run away again.

because, she's his favourite after all.

that's a promise.

i cnat