i don't know how it led to this, but it did.

so after all our hard work, we were now sitting on his carpet while our back's leaned on the side of jungwon's bed.

we were talking about him again, his mom, his past. just jungwon himself.

i hugged my knees as i sat, i always did that when i sat on the floor, "can we see him now?"

heeseung quickly stood up, i guess he forgot.

"right. i'll quickly change. you can wait at the door."

soon, we were in his car. i was buckled up in the backseat, the front always seemed scary.

we arrived and i adjusted my outfit. i never payed attention to my appearance that much, but i guess i'm getting nervous again because it's been a while.

jeez, i consider a few days a long time?

i followed behind heeseung like a little kid. the person at the front counter stared at us as we walked over,

"who are you here for?" they asked after heeseung said that we were visiting a patient.

"jungwon. yang jungwon."

they quickly began typing, making fast clicking noises with their mouse before an arch in their brow formed.

they leaned to the person next to them, "is he allowed to have any visitors?" they asked in a whisper.

heeseung heard them and answered before the other person could, "i've spoken to his father, he's fine with us visiting him."

they nodded, completely believing him with no hesitation. "alright then, i think it should be fine. he's in room 224."

heeseung gave me a short glance before signalling me to follow. we were speed walking as if it was an emergency.

maybe it was just out of excitement. rushing to see someone you miss the most...

each room we passed had their own wide windows, revealing each of their rooms from the hallways, unless there were curtains from the inside, covering our view of it.

"222, 223..." heeseung muttered, "224." he said, turning to look at me.

i slowed down my steps. we could see through the window, the room was very dim other than the light from the outside window.

the curtain rack that covered his bed wasn't in use, so i could see him from afar.

seeing him, the real him. it had to be a dream.

he looked so pretty to me, even from afar.

i walked closer until i could touch the window with my hand. "who's that?" i questioned, slightly furrowing my eyebrows.

heeseung went next to me and watched the nurse attempt to feed jungwon, inching the spoon closer to his lips. what a weird smile on her face.

i don't know why i was like this. couldn't i just not make a fuss over minor things?

there she goes.